FSESC Failure, Motors smoke

6.6 - 37% of people with some type of issue.

2 Likes

What issues are you referring to, hardware or firmware?

No idea i don’t pay that much attention to the unity. Just see complaints

1 Like

I am wondering why all the failures of the Flipsky esc’s turn up recently. A few months back I had the perception that there were less complaints.

AFAIK its always been that way. I hosted a group buy almost 14 months ago and I think 10% of the ESCS were shitty.

Go vote…

1 Like

2/2 faulty FSESCs for me :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve had 1 good FSESC 6.6 dual plus, 1 good mediocre (drv faults but functional) MayTech 4.12, 1 good Unity, 1 bad (dead on arrival) MayTech 4.12 dual plus, 1 good China dual

1/2 Faulty FSESC’s here - the second one I configured with highly modest settings though. Want to make sure it lasts long enough for me to get one of @shaman’s serious Focers :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll be running sensorless FOC and I’m never configuring this shit again XD

If it makes you feel any better I just got one of my dual ESC’s repaired and then both boards got DRV faults on motor detection. Never screamed fuck that loud in my life, my dogs were scared of me.

3 Likes

It doesn’t haha. Sorry that you have to experience it too :confused:

1 Like

Flipsky, buy cheap, buy twice.

They’ll probably rip that off me :joy:

1 Like

I thought FlipSky had good parts for nice price haha. I didn’t know I was buying cheap. Focbox was for a similar price :confused:

1 Like

It’s just an opinion, not backed up by quantifiable data.

I guess your mileage may vary, but I’ve seen people who I know for sure they know how to configure, install and maintain ESCs regularly post about failure with the FS product line.

Never knew you have to maintain a ESC. Good to know.

1 Like

I pump 30cl of electrolytic jelly into each ESC case every 2 months…no drv errors whatsoever! This may not be true

Maintenance covers inspection, esk8 components move about, things that move about wear and need inspection.

Diverse parts made from different vendors used by people of varying ability.

Things get brokken in there after you shut the lid, sometimes it takes time

1 Like

I’ve been surprised by how often I open an enclosure and see that shrink wrap has shifted or cut. Always a good idea to check for stuff like that from time to time, because these things are not cheap.

3 Likes

ah yeah my shrink wrap is cut in one point but that’s just because I fit a 10s4p 30q pack into a evolve case and it doesn’t really fit with the cables on the sides to make it flexible. Also rode it once, it was cut because of me putting it in with force lol.

So I have an idea. Just before I send the ESC to them I’ll be trying to flush the FSESC with a ST-Link. I told them about the idea and surprisingly they gave me instructions on how to do it. I checked everything the voltage and all on the ESC and it looks fine but it has some kind of an error which the red blinking light may be representing. Anyways I’ll borrow a Nucleo ST-Link from a friend on monday and keep this topic updated if I figure it out myself. If I do I’ll be making an entirely new thread for owners of the 6.6 :smiley: Hopes are up again!

I mean somehow my motors survived, the ESC can too :joy:

2 Likes