FSESC Failure, Motors smoke

Could also be a bad ESC burning out the motor.
Hard to tell from a distance. In any case, both ESC and Motor are non usable.

1 Like

Sadly… really thinking now about these Dickyho motors lol

I dont see TorqueBoards getting much love for their motors, @b264 any reason? I have a set of 190kv’s that have been great.

That said @IVoxuI they probably arent the cheapest option, otherwise Id have mentioned it previously myself.

2 Likes

I love the TB6380, it’s my favorite motor.

As far as the TB6355 and TB6374, it’s probably because @torqueboards keeps making them better and some of the older ones had various issues and folks might associate those issues with the new ones.

I have almost identical skates, one with a TB6380 and one with a Turnigy sk8 “6374” (6189) and the TB motor is so much better. You can feel how much copper is in there.

1 Like

Updates:
One side of the ESC when hooked up to a oscilloscope gets a wave reading that looks like BLDC mode, really agressive jumpy lines. The other side the one with red blinking light gets a flat line like its dead.

2 Likes

Looks like, once again, one half of the FESC is dead . :confused:
Sorry bud, that shit sucks

1 Like

Those FSESCs are killing me literally. If they only took down theirselfes not the motors I spent so much on!

Hit up dickyho for a pair of 6374s and some FSESC mini 4.20s to go with, run then as split PWM at 10s 50A max…it’s as cheap as it gets and shouldn’t give you much issue

$240 shipped I think

2 Likes

It was supposed to be a high end board. I’m not giving up. Will fight for my stuff. I literally owned 2 6.6s and 4x 6374s from higher shelf. Now I don’t want to step down to $50 motors. I don’t think they perform as well… or do they?

They perfrom well enough from what i hear. Personally, i’d spare the money on the motors and splurge more on the ESC.

I’ll try to repair the FSESC as much as I can if they can’t do anything for me which would be awful…

Question for you, do you still have the maytech motors, and if so, what exactly broke on them?

I don’t. I think one of them had something messed up with the sensor wire it was shorted or something. It ran fine sensorless but sparked when sensored and killed the slave side of the ESC.

I do still have those haggy 6374’s which I’ll be opening in a bit. What should I pay attention to?

Damn. Someone is selling the stators, and if you still had those, you could’ve done a can swap and had some nice maytech motors for cheap.

What broke on the haggy’s?

I do still have those haggy 6374’s which I’ll be opening in a bit. What should I pay attention to?

Not sure. Haven’t opened them yet that’s why Im asking what I should look at or how can I test them. I have access to various equipment. Regulated power supply, Oscilloscope etc.

I see. Im afraid im not very experienced in that field, so i cant tell you exactly what to look for. Hopefully one of the other guys can chime in soon.

Maybe this could be of some sort of guide?

1 Like

I think all 3 phase wires should have continuity and very low resistance…motors are like 40 miliohms if I remember

That’s a good read, I added it

2 Likes

I feel your pain… my flipsky 420 plus dual died on detection and whole side is just read now, replaced with 2 focboxes (brand new) decided to upgrade firmware after getting setup… used wrong version and killed them both on detection.

Got a makerX dual in the way to kill next lol :slight_smile:

1 Like