Forum Adjustments and Updates

Search is not working for you?

2 Likes

DOH

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Not everyone knows you can use “advanced search” to check just your messages.

4 Likes

FTFY
!!!

1 Like

@Ricco - at esk8.news we take our member support seriously. would you mind staying on the line and completing a (1) question survey about your recent experience with [%modname]?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest, how would you rate your experience with @BillGordon

0 voters

4 Likes

This could backfire on me spectacularly.

2 Likes

(dont tell anyone but i carefully crafted the survey to encourage positive reviews) shhh! :shushing_face:

2 Likes

trust me I rated my personal experience as low as I possibly could!

2 Likes

who left derail jail unlocked again?

3 Likes

shhhhhhhush… there’s a trap door for escape located in the forum search function… shhhhhush

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yup this was the key. I’ve tried searching but would just get mentions of a user and not their posts, but using advanced search fixes that.

I do think in the situation where you know the convo your looking for is one of the last 10, it would be quicker to find it if the recipient(s) were shown, but the advanced search gets the job done.

2 Likes

I wish people would be smart enough to not leave the title of a pm “RE: Noob question thread” because that is zero help.

I like that you can retitle bookmarks now, I wish it worked for PMs.

1 Like

tell me more

1 Like

When you save a bookmark, you can add a title to it now so you can find it more easily.

6 Likes

oh that. I thought you meant to rename it in my bookmark folder.

That way i could rename : Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

to “Reply to Pictures” for example and it shows up like that

3,000 twisted freaks imminent.

5 Likes

Sorry, 2600 of those are just me playing with open source AI software.

6 Likes

There will be an update tonight to move from 2.5.0beta6 to 2.6.0.beta1. The forum will be interrupted for a few minutes beginning at 9PM EDT tonight. (1AM UTC)

6 Likes

from the realese notes:

2.6.0.beta1 contains no new features or other major changes.

So i’m not expecting anything weird, and hoping some of the remaining issues got fixed.