Forum Adjustments and Updates

Is this how geeks flirt with each other?
Does @SeanHacker know about this?

6 Likes

Poor man just wanted to read his paper under the warm glow of a leg lamp light

5 Likes

I was just trying to save Dad some money and everyone is coming down on me for the power dynamic Bill and I share.

He’s the one that consented to this. I’ve got the gimp contract, signed in bodily fluid. Don’t judge our kinks.

Gosh.

3 Likes

@longhairedboy just out of curiosity. How much disk space and monthly bandwidth is the forum using now ?

I will put a blinding spotlight on your furry alter ego, skank.

3 Likes

giphy-23

1 Like

Please don’t tell. He scares me. Bunny boiler.

3 Likes

still around $300 bucks worth total between all the hosting and service subscriptions combined, so the patreon is still coving most if not all depending on people dropping subscriptions and other people adding them.

but if you’re looking for numbers, AWS saw about a terabyte of transfer out last month, and digital ocean is making it really hard to find a number, but the bill there is waaaaaaay less than AWS which is around $100 a month on its own. DO is only about $25-$30 a month there because all they are hosting is the discourse software and text only content since AWS has all the images.

One day i’ll figure out a good way to make reports, i’m sure other people are interested. I’m mostly only interested in paying the bills and less interested in transfer bandwidth.

11 Likes

We’ve also gotten some very cool unsolicited donations from @haggyboard.timo and @M.Hboards

9 Likes

yes, as well as @torqueboards

9 Likes

Dude what was Jason constantly mewling over?

“Do you guys have any idea what it costs to run Builders? You are so lucky”

Also:

You already did.

5 Likes

Well, there were the absorbent tissue costs.

3 Likes

he was using full discourse hosting on a single instance instead of distributing it or doing it himself. All the images, content, backups, everything were on the same server under the same plan. That’s really expensive, like probably 2-5 times as much as what we’re doing here.

And the way i have ti set up it can just grow as fast as it wants and the bill can creep up and the more people that join the more patreon customers will chip in and it just pays for itself. That’s why i’m not concerned about money when it comes to hosting a full library of precompiled binaries of vesc software. I think that’s important and the cost is negligible. Like literally cents.

8 Likes

All I got from that was that Jason made a bad decision and tried to blame it on other people.

Sensing a pattern.

PS:

Sorry I’m such a cunt. (Not really though)

7 Likes

LOL that’s just the activity graph from the admin dashboard.

ATM the dashboard also says that in the last 30 days we’ve had 1.3million pageviews, 17.4 thousand user visits, 135 thousand likes, and we are now up to 1581 registered users.

10 Likes

i’d also like to point out that, in spite of the amount of traffic, this forum is seriously quick and responsive for being run on a server with 8 gigs of RAM and 163gigs of disk space. That’s the difference AWS makes. That was likely one of the critical flaws of the builders forum and in the very beginning digital ocean was hosting the whole thing until @torqueboards suggested AWS hosting for uploads and i was able to find the settings to allow that and get it going. The cost from DO dropped drastically the minute i did that, and AWS object storage is so bargain basement priced that the over all cost is retarded low for what’s happening here.

9 Likes

With a report on gang activity, duh

2 Likes

that’s how i should title the usage reports when i get them together. Gang Activity Report for [time period] and then a bunch of awesome pie charts and three dimensional bar graphs.

9 Likes

Prof Shartsis right now:

source (4)

9 Likes

Trying to talk him into PDX

6 Likes