Forum Adjustments and Updates

I clicked to see the current monthly donation amount and found out my credit card on file expired. I updated and apologize for the great disservice. No wonder the forum has been so whack lately.

14 Likes

its true, i wasn’t able to fully cover the hosting so they made me send some gigabytes back which i did via FedEx Ground.

10 Likes

makes sense why the box of ohms i sent was stamped return to sender.

4 Likes

Fun little addition from the latest release.

14 Likes

They just keep making it more useful.

Looks like there’s an update ready to install already. That’s probably it. I’ll try to get to it over the next couple of days.

7 Likes

So the Update fixed most things i can think of. What i’ve found is that the suggested Topics are a bit wonky lately.

Only other thing i would love to see “fixed” are the bookmarks. Same story as the bug before where it puts you at the very beginning every time. I save bookmarks to quickly get over to a specific topic and save some time instead of using the search function, which also always brings me to the first post of a topic.

Ran the update this morning, we’re on the latest version of Discourse again.

9 Likes

Anybody know what this wrench does?

Other than bring up a box at the bottom that says “Actions”

2 Likes

click it. What’s it do?

1 Like

We had a few different level 3 users report that it only gives them an empty menu. Bit weird that Discourse added it like that.

2 Likes

these are all beta releases. We’re bleeding edge. I expect there will be another 50 commits and then another update released to fix it.

You’re all test subjects.

8 Likes

Just brings up the actions box.

Unless you mean clicking on actions… then it wants me to Google the word “actions”

Let me know how it googles.

2 Likes

Hey I know what rack type that is…just installed a bunch of those!

5 Likes

Metrics update:

On Jan 2nd, we had a record amount of signups in a single day with 17 accounts started.

10 Likes

I still can’t believe how many Reddit folk have never been here… let’s keep them coming.

4 Likes

I’m planning on getting more folks outside the U.S. to join us as well. The forum drops off quite a bit when the forum members from the states are asleep, so opportunity for growth there.

7 Likes

Wasn’t it possible to change the category of somebody elses Post a while ago?

1 Like

Still should be.

Doesn’t seem to work with me.

bottom

(i think there was a pen right next to the categories?)