Forum Adjustments and Updates

What is the chance of adding an ugly, unstyled “Buy FOCBOX Unity” at the top of every page? I thought something was missing lately from my life, and I’ve identified this as the thing

/s

13 Likes

still looking for the unmentionable L***ge

where IS IT?!! we NEEDS it!!

I think if the forum has any rules, the first rule should be that a post with more than 1 word in all-capital letters is flaggable.

2 Likes

any chance of a chat system?

2 Likes

Bubble chat is built in to discourse but disabled by default

@longhairedboy

You could still flag it and get a badge :grin:

2 Likes

@longhairedboy how about letting only regulars to make new threads for sale items? This way we avoid plenty of scams IMO

3 Likes

Take the home URL of the article page and paste it into the link under the logo in the Forums header. Then we can click the logo to go to the home of the article page. There already is a link back here from that page, the “forums” link…

In fairness that link can now link to LHB’s shop muhaha

I do want Damon to promise unrepeatable prices followed by a price slash the following week and also to promise delivery by Christmas but omit the year muhaha

But most of all I need him to take himself extremely seriously, that is imperative to bringing product to market…serious 100%, oh and all the while sporting a Movember moustashe, because men’s health

Ok I think I’ve hit my shitpost limit

8 Likes

Hahaha amazing.

Cba starting a thread - how many posts do I need before i can post pictures?

2 Likes

@longhairedboy can we get a unread catagory when viewing topics?

2 Likes

it looks like there’s a plugin for that. I’ll see what i can do.

6 Likes

the fucking posts and comments are still disconnected form the blog. everything is saying its connected and yet… posts don’t arrive here.

5 Likes

Is it weird that I can go from news to forum with a click of button, but once in the forum there is no easy way back to news?

2 Likes

I’m fixing that next. After about 15 bug fix updates the two are finally talking to each other again, so i can work on nav again.

1 Like

we now have an additional navigation bar to which i can add whatever i want. a link back to the main news site and a link to the calculator that @b264 built is in there at the moment.

I also updated the site logo to add a cue that clicking on it will not take you to the main site. It now says FORUMS clearly in the logo.

11 Likes

Predictive text works again. Thank you @longhairedboy

2 Likes

@longhairedboy could we have Like limit lifted? There is so much love to be given but system doesn’t let us :frowning:

11 Likes

An “unread” category would be useful too. Can you get the plug-in working for that?