For street use, Lacroix deck or Kaly deck?

Hi all, currently I have a Trampa finished but I can’t get to be comfortable with bindings. Without bindings it’s hard not to fall off when doing turns. So I want to do a deck swap and so far I have my eyes on Lacroix deck and Kaly deck. I don’t have any ways to test them out so I am here asking for your experiences on those decks.

To me it seems like Lacroix deck are wider but Kaly deck has good concave.

Both decks are quite expensive so I can’t pull the trigger without fully research on them.

Thank you for your input.

4 Likes

@DerelictRobot is the only one who I knew had a Kaly before, and now he’s getting a second… He should be able to talk to you a little about them :thinking:

Otherwise you could ask Ernesto (Kaly) but idk if you want his opinion, since it’s his product.

E: I bet @topcloud has one too, he’s got the esk8 Ark

5 Likes

@Kaly

1 Like

Having tried both platforms id say kaly for street riding.

3 Likes

For cruising and carving Id go with a LaCroix Prototipio, its difficult to beat. For speed and use as an MTB, I’d go with a Kaly 2.0.

5 Likes

Looks like so far Kaly is winning, it’s actually easier for me since I already have Kaly enclosure. But I am also worried about the Kaly deck is carbon fiber so I am not sure if that will limit the choice of remote.(my trampa wand seems to have a lot of disconnection with carbon firber enclosure.)

Edit : back to draw I guess.

3 Likes

I respectfully would give the opposite review :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

you can top mount the RX or maybe extend the antenna. It seems that most people are having disconnect issues with the wnad remote.

2 Likes

It’s all good, just my personal opinion. I think the decreased camber on the LaCroix makes it more comfortable for street, the increase camber and hard concave more stable for off-road. Also you can’t really move the enclosure top side on the LaCroix, you can do either top or bottom on the Kaly 2.0.

3 Likes

Those decks are too beautiful to do any top mount in my opinion.

2 Likes

Stealing a pic from @Linny

Not sure what’s the difference between new and old lacroix deck though.

2 Likes

just remove the freaking metal/carbon fiber enclosure and it will double the strength of the signal.

5 Likes

I am using the beast box right now might need to drill a hole on it

2 Likes

Have you given any thoughts on the printed flap/concave extension for your trampa? Could be a cheap alternative before deciding to buy a new deck.
But don’t let me stop you from getting more decks.

3 Likes

Actually I need to be stopped from getting more decks!

1 Like

Not gonna happen here dude :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

If there is a rehab for buying too many esk8 parts, a lot of us will be locked in forever.

4 Likes

Before getting a new deck why not try some add-on concave pads?

7 Likes

Seriously I’d give the flaps a try first then you can still buy the kaly.

4 Likes

Looks really nice, I will give it a try. I have to ask how durable is the 3M VHB tape?Or should I just go straight to epoxy.

1 Like