Focbox Unity issues

Anyone wanna stick their neck out here and share their opinion?

It’s possible you have a cold solder joint in your battery or xt90 that intermittent if you loose power during regen it will blow the tits off a unity/tenka. They are also prone to self destruct of the 3v.curcuit requiring new regulator, MCU, leds ECT…I doubt it’s your config. Maybe lower your regen in future. Although if the above were true it would not have helped. I would change to a makerx DV6 ESC and loopkey. Way more robust.

3 Likes

Just to loop back on this for completeness, @Fatglottis kindly bypassed the Unity’s onboard a/s for me and so far ever since she’s been running like a dream. If you experience similar related issues, and assuming he’s willing, I’d recommend working with Simon to get yours fixed too.

3 Likes

Any idea why my Unity won’t detect my Maytech temperature sensors please? Comes up false for both. Hall sensors detected fine and motors running well. Unity running on VESC firmware. Just no temp reading…

What FW version on the unity?

Bingo, temp readings don’t work with the dual escs until FW 5.2. I’m still on 5.1 and get no temp readings.

Although some argue that the stock unity-specific 23.46 FW is more thoroughly tested.

2 Likes

Ah great, thanks. The thing I read saying temp monitoring had been fixed for V5 wasn’t quite right then! Cheers mate

1 Like

Anyone knows of some ble modules that will work for the unity that I can get relatively quickly? My current one shows up but doesn’t connect when using the vest app for android or the stormcore app for iOS. Its use to to work but now it just won’t connect to the built in ble module. Any help would be greatly appreciated

what fw r u on?

5.1 I believe

try to reseat the ble module and power cycle

I tried that and I took everything apart to double check everything. The yours truly app connect weirdly enough but doesn’t provide and metrics

Amazon.com will this work with the unity?

I’ve got a generic nrf module on mine and it works

u got other BLE module u can try? maybe metr?

it should

Can someone give me some input on something regarding my setup…

I got sensorless motors, setup in FoC and im getting super twitchy starts from the bloody thing. I thought that Foc mode should minimize the twitchyness of it all? even if i have sensorless motors? Runnig sw 5.2 on the unity. If that matters…

Nah, sensorless should be twitchy at starts from a stop unless you have HFI or ASS setup.

1 Like

But what ive read before FoC should be smooth at startup, even if you are running sensorless? Or am i mixing things up?

1 Like

Mixing up a bit. Foc runs quieter and smoother than bldc but from a standstill, I would still expect some cogging.