Focbox Unity issues

Was using photon remote on this ride

Sometimes I have to press my switch in a certain place near the edge to get it to work. Very rarely is won’t register a press at all. If I flip the board over or unbolt the enclosure it pretty much always resumes working completely normal. Something small is messing up and I don’t know if its wiring/placement or if the button is on the way out… luckily I have extras.

No serious issues while riding for 1.5 years :+1:

I’m scared cuz I have 1 on the way. Should I cancel my order?

1 Like

Notice none of these resets are happening while riding though, only upon board power cycling.

Fwiw I have 3 unities and 1 of them has reset its motor config twice in over 2 years of riding.

I would not buy from raptor shop though, those could very well be refurbished units sent back due to qc issues. You have the option to not roll those dice.

4 Likes

No issues on my Unities. I guess mine were built mid week…

2 Likes

When and where did you get them out of curiosity?

My first one was on Ebay about a year ago still on 23.44 firmware. The 2nd one from Amazon when they just sold out, Running 24.46 on that one. They both did lose the settings once when I first installed them then I disabled motor temp and no problems since then.

3 Likes

That’s interesting… I disabled thermal throttling a while back and haven’t had a reset since. Always good to have more data points.

3 Likes

@Jujo and @CiscoV have already reassured you. It’s totally up to you. Just nite that you probably won’t have any warranty on it which would be my reason not to buy it.

@Venom121212 I know

But you are one super lucky guy :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Yeah I know I hope it works

I just want to add before we call it science… the only Unity I ever had reset, was one without a temp. sensor.

are you saying you disabled thermal motor sensing somewhere in the app? because I honestly have never thought to check if there was a setting as the motors had none…

1 Like

Yes. I disabled Motor thermal sensing under the Motor temp menu in the app.
I far as I can remember it is enabled by default.

1 Like

Looks like my antispark or button itself died on my old unity.
Anyone knows how to bypass the antispark and add an external one. After sitting in a drawer for a good year it held up for 3 months of use. Better than average though😂

Edit: Yeah antispark is dead, the button still works and when I short MOM1 and MOM2 she is still dead. How do I bypass this sucker. Got a love shitty antisparks!

2 Likes

Anyone? I assume I’m not the only one with a dead antispark as it died on me like 30 rides in. No this is not from the skanky raptor shop.
It would be nice to get information on how to fix this yourself. I would like to bypass the antispark. So one can use a after market one or a loop key instead.
@Deodand @Blasto

1 Like

Hi guys, i just open my board to check on, i found that the unity keep blinking blue when power is off, but battery connected, i just notice this. Is something wrong with the unity?

I check again it’s not only the blue, red and blue are blinking. Anyone know what happen here?

your vids are not showing for me d00d…

2 Likes

Its video from iphone, i just capture this. This both lights blinking fast when battery is connected, but switch is of.

apa kabar, what part of Indoland are you from? I’ve lived all over indoland from Jakarta to Sumatra to Lomboc…

unplug your Unity from the battery Disconnect the power button… count to 100, plug it back in… basically power cycle it…

did it turn off?

now disconnect the battery from Unity plug back in the button and reconnect it… is the problem back?

Kabar baik :joy:, wow you ever work here or what? I live in bandung. Na it still blinking each way. I’ll try using another battery or another unity to check later, and update what happen.

It’s dim light, both of it.

1 Like