Focbox Unity issues

You got that because you didn’t wear gloves man. Regardless of whatever happened, not wearing the correct safety gear is not the unitys fault.

Also it sounds like ppm isn’t calibrated correctly. Both forward and reverse ppm are two seperste numbers when you are running through the setup. It can easily be done incorrectly by not pulling back the trigger properly when calibrating or simply not calibrating at all. This will then show even 2% of rear trigger as 100% brake.

I also use a unity on 23.46 fw and a hoyt puck with no problems.

As far as I can tell, after you config via the tool, if it does reset after you connect via app, reconfig motor detection and settings via the app, and as long as you don’t connect with the tool again, the settings will all stay put however much you use the app.

1 Like

I did that and mine resets at least every time I power it on. Bummer because my benchwheel remote is having dropout problems.

What fw version?

Def. strange. Does it reset even if you don’t connect to app?

Yes and it does it randomly, once even while I was riding (not fun). I have come across a few people who are having the same issue and ppm fixed it. It least we are not the only ones.

With ppm everything works perfectly.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware just to troubleshoot?

The 23.46 firmware yes, multiple times.

Hm. Well, there is a new FW coming for the unity soonish with a restructured uart com. maybe that will fix it

1 Like

I’m on 23.46 with a puck and no problems so far. Are you in Forward/Brake mode?

Okay so when I press the “R” button for a while it changes the direction as expected but it still has the same problem but this time going instantly from 0 to 100%

Yes. From the info I have gathered, it is only with vx1 and vx2 pro so far…

I didn’t know there was one in the works. Any idea when it will be released?

At least you can wave goodbye to your hand model career :wave:

2 Likes

No exact ETA but its being grouped with the new esc release. Curious are you using push to start? The flipsky receivers hate the unity push to start trigger for some reason

1 Like

I actually am using push to start, and it has never worked.
Is there a unity 2 in the works?

Not really but kinda? It’s called stormcore (theres a thread for it), one or more of devs were the ones behind the unity. Similar architecture with one mcu driving 2 channels. So I guess yeah, unity 2? Without the enertion drama.

3 Likes

Not really. The unreleased Stormcore 60D (12S version) and 100D (20S version) are new designs from the ground up.

Not a UnityII both use the VESC project & have a single MCU, that is about it, please let’s NOT start calling it by any name other than stormcore.

you’ll pay for it and receive it in short order. People who design & support it will also get paid.

I would like one particular arsehole to not get any ideas.

2 Likes