Focbox Unity issues

—ooops… nevermind… user error-----

is the focbox UI solid? Can I use it to program my ESC, which FW should I use, 23.44?

Your performance is underwhelming due to the fact that you are running 8S. I honestly find 10s underwhelming and only build 12s on all of my boards. Also “C ratings” are not really accurate of what the battery can actually do. My experience through all the brands that have used GNB > Dinogy > RDQ = Infinity > Tattu > Turnigy in order of quality/accuracy.

I will say, that if you are a bigger guy that will also have a negative effect on performance depending on your gearing etc. In short I feel like its probably a combination of gearing and battery that is your problem here. With a top speed of 40 kmh I’d say that you are geared way too high for your voltage. In short. Increase voltage and change to a gear ratio that gives more torque instead of speed.

FocBox UI is only for the Unity. If you have one then just flash it to the latest firmware and go for it.

5 Likes

Forgot to mention that I have the Unity, thanks.

1 Like

Yeah nah, it was the voltage settings thanks, which was like artificially induced voltage sag. At least it proved to me my circuit was working, and that Unity low voltage protection is good, but it’s already back to great performance with the 29.6 and 27.2 settings.

2 Likes

Also, this? Seriously, there are a lot of people running the exact same gear ratio on the Unity. At 12S it would put me a tad over 60km/h, which a lot of people do already, so nothing wrong with the gearing either.

Sorry for pulling your post apart a little, but in this instance you were a little off base.

1 Like

Did you ever figure out if this worked long term?

So far it’s never reset itself since then on 3 different units, so I think so? Still a small sample size but it seems to be working for me

1 Like

Did you turn them on from the app of vesc tool?

Actually if you connect the focbox to the UI via bluetooth, it goes to that setting automatically every time, even after you set UART only via the tool. I think this may actually be why it resets. The UI/bluetooth overrides certain settings it looks like.

I had turned my ppm off the first time I connected my controller. You are right, this might actually be what is causing the problems.

Just connected a Hoyt Puck and when I pull back on the wheel at all it goes to -100% ppm instantly. This does not happen when going forward. Has anyone else had this issue? My board is completely unrideable :rage:

1 Like

Have you done the new calibration?

Yes, multiple times. Bc of this I got this nice gift this morning omw to work

8 Likes

Ouch, this is why I never ride my esk8s without slide gloves.

4 Likes

Not sure this is a Unity issue if you’ve already done calibration. Does it do this with other PPM receivers?

I use my app to tell how much battery I have so this probably wont work. Any idea if the guys who work on the software know of this issue?

My next step might be trying to roll back the software.

Do you have any other device you could test the remote with so we can narrow down what is causing the problem? A different esk8, ppm tester, castle esc programming wire so you could connect it to a computer, rc car / boat…

I don’t :confused:

It’s a brand new Unity too :confused:

1 Like

Might be a long shot, but have you checked your brake curve.