Focbox Unity issues

At 3.7V per cell (29.6V) it’s 177.6Wh.

I guess the correct questions was how many P groups, and no I’m not doing the math.

1 Like

8S1P LiPo. Basically two of these wired in series. So 390A continuous output capable.

My 6369s are set to 80A and I haven’t felt them get too hot to touch. Clearly I’m just not pushing them hard enough.

2 Likes

Maytech? Vented cans have a much bigger temperature delta between core and can. But I agree those are definitely capable of 80A, but I think close to it and you’re losing much more to heat and it can’t sustain that kind of output for long. Full power accelerations to speed okay, holding full throttle on uphill race, maybe not.

3 Likes

Mine’s a commuter, not a race board.

Towing at full power?

Failed attempt at sarcasm? I’m just looking for max values on my setup. Obviously it doesn’t run full duty cycle all the time.

No actually I don’t remember if it was you or some other guy building a commuter with a trailer attachment :joy:

But isn’t the unity set to 120A max with the UI?

1 Like

IDK shit about the Unity setup, first one I’ve had, heck it’s the first non-RC ESC I’ve had, which is why the 20 questions.

I had the sense to buy a Metr Pro Unity, so I actually already have that setup and talking to my phone App thankfully.

Going to apply some settings tonight and get a test ride in.

Yes?

3 Likes

On a flat giving full stick, this is all my board could muster. NEED help setting up my Unity.

What are these settings? I run 8S, and if those do what I think they do, it would start cutting power at full charge and by the time I get to 3.875V per cell no current would come through?

1 Like

They do what you think they do.
Add voltage sag to the equation and it explains why you have such poor performance.

1 Like

You wired in series, so Ah and current stay the same but voltage goes up.
Your battery is rated for 65C and 130C burst.

What do they need to be for 8S, equal to LVC?

6Ah x 65C = 390A no?

For LiIon 3.4V and 3.1V per cell. So for 8S 27.2V and 24.8V.
If you are running lipos I would increase the first value to 3.7V per cell and the second to 3.4V.

1 Like

So 29.6V and 27.2V then? Sounds much better.

1 Like

Yes.
You can go lower if you like but lipos don’t like being discharged too low and it’s not like you will gain anything significant in range.

6 Likes

I have had the same thing happen to me over the past week. I have to power everything off and then just turn the unity on and program it before I turn my vx2pro on. Once I turn the remote on the app stops letting me change any settings.
I have changed back to my PWM remote and it has not reset once, and I can change my settings without turning everything off again.