Focbox Unity issues

Seen this a couple times. But think it has more to do with the app then an actual usb connection when configuring them.

Nah I mean the board rode fine for a 15 mile trip, I charged it back up, changed zero settings, turned it back on, and one motor was stuttering and spinning backwards.

There was no communication with the app between data points. I guess technically I set the board up originally with the app but that was months prior.

Personally, both times I’ve seen it, I think I let the board time out which I don’t usually do.

Well yeah, exactly what I was trying to say. Initial config on the app. Then somehow it gets lost.
I meant that whenever I did setup through a vesc tool with USB, didn’t have this problem.

edit: and yes, you also need to keep your phone ‘awake’ while updating firmware or using the app for configs

It could be. I originally set one up with USB but updated FW with the app so I can’t rule it out.

By board timing out, I mean the auto timed shutoff on the unity, not my phone :joy:

2 Likes

Could be android 10, but if my phone locks, I can start from the beginning, so tapping that motherf* every 15 seconds to prevent :smiley:

Same here I also grabbed a couple from him.

I almost always let my Unitys time out… never seen this happen

Probably just coincidence then. Set up with phone app or USB most recently?

I was debating putting an XT90s on my battery and Unity… thanks… you’ve convinced me!

one I got installed from Ernesto so I don’t know… the others I setup originally by USB, but I continually fcuk about with small changes to the config by fone app…

1 Like

XT90-S or XT60-S help right? the ones with the spark reducing resistor?

I assume going from XT60 to XT90 does little to help with sparks

:smiley: doh. I read that as plural. oops. thanks for clarifying.

In the same
Boat with you with my
Unity not sure what the best solutions going to be

Well, not that useful unless your unity blows the antispark. It never sparks working properly.

But @JohnnyMeduse said he can fix the antispark, so I’m sending it out to him and hope it comes back good as new :joy:

3 Likes

That’s awesome that the antispark can be replaced!

I don’t @kook is in vain with an added XT-90S. I have on on my battery and it gives me peace of mind that I can unplug the battery or the esc (I have a long extender wire spanning the board between the two enclosures) without having either side spark. When I plug my battery back in the initial rush is taken by the XT-90S I presume so less wear on the Unity :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve had it happen too, maybe 5-10 times since I’ve had the Unity for 8+ months. The bright side is a quick reconfig on the side of the road is easy! I set up and change modes via Metr so I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts happening more now that I am constantly messing with settings.

1 Like

Certainly annoying but not the end of the world.

I wonder if preset motor and battery config put into a “profile” would be a quicker rewrite of a list of settings.

I just keep going into my photos to see what I set it at last haha

2 Likes

Have anybody had this problem (video).
The board was working just fine, didnt use it for a couple of hourse, then this happened. Was a quick fix with resetting everything on the unity and doing the setup again.

Sounds like your motor settings got reset like we were just talking about…

Your video comes up as blank with audio for me

3 Likes