Focbox Unity issues

Battery is system limit, motor is per. 65A setting will give you 65A per motor. +120A and -50A is total system amps for both motors. I would try -50A before you do -100A. That is very aggressive for 2 wheel braking.

1 Like

Having that same issue. I’m gonna open the enclosure again to try it with the original module.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have a dead unity I test power button and shorted mom pins. I have 36v going onto the board at the end of the power leads.
So is the antispark blown and can it be replaced
And how do I test it

Already posted on noob questions but figured I might as well add it here seeing as it went unanswered…
One of the main power caps on my unity decided to detach from the PCB… No problem, I can replace that myself - however, it seems that there was also damage to the board in that area and c56 (a small smd capacitor) is missing or obliterated. The pads for it also look damaged.
Is this part replaceable? Perhaps someone familiar with the unity can chime in…

1 Like

@JohnnyMeduse :arrow_up:

1 Like

Thanks!
Hopefully it’s not too bad to fix :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Is the Unity switch waterproof? If not, has anyone made theirs waterproof, and could you show me?

Front face of it is supposed to be from the supplier (but knowing Enertion they may not have payed an extra cent for it)

Aside from that conformal coat your contacts and pot in liquid e-tape or epoxy if you want to be dead certain.

I do believe the entire housing of what came with the unity is waterproof to esk8 standards tho.

1 Like

One of my poor unities blew the antispark :disappointed_relieved: Kind of want it fixed. I would take a crack at it but given its rare item now, rather send it to someone who’s done it already. Is it easy? I’m assuming replacing all the fets, dont know if its more involved

6 Likes

Not sure if the Wizard is doing repairs ATM, but great dealing with him, and easy as can be.

@JohnnyMeduse

4 Likes

I messaged him earlier, he wasn’t quite specific on whether he’s cool with the antispark part. I mentioned to him its not DRV issue, guess I’ll just wait to see if he gets back to me :joy:

Mostly because it works fine, I just dont wanna run external antispark, so if its not an easy fix I’ll just stick it in another board and install a loopkey

1 Like

little update DRV wizard fixed my unity. he said the BT module took a shit and took the MCU with it. the 3.3v and ground also shorted because of the BT module. its all fixed up now and headed back from the great white north .

4 Likes

how many Unitys is your guess were ever manufactured?
How many do you think we’ve seen issues with?

less than 10% or greater than 10%

BTW… I’m prejudice… I’ve got 5 Unitys with zero failures…

5 Likes

How do you know the antispark switch blew? I had the same issue with my Unity and it was the momentary button, I swapped it for a button of Unity I had laying around and everything is perfect sgain

1 Like

I have 4 with and only one bad button, replaced already, everything else 100%.perfect.

It’s the best piece of hardware I ever came across

3 Likes

I picked up a couple of extra buttons, from @CiscoV for a song… I’m good too, buddy!

6 Likes

I picked 3 today from his as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same! 3 from @CiscoV! :rofl:

3 Likes

Because when I press and hold the momentary, the LED on the momentary turns off but unity stays on. Also I unplugged it from the battery and when I plugged it back in, it sparked the shit out of the XT60 and turned on immediately afterwards :joy:

Then idk why but I tried it 3 more times and it did the same thing. Also turned on with the switch completely unplugged. So I’m guessing the antispark blew.

You ever had your settings randomly reset and had to redo motor detection?

2 unities here and that’s the only issue I’ve experienced.

2 Likes