Focbox Unity issues

yes!

we do not know

Your guess is as good as ours. But many vesc-compatible options coming soon.

4 Likes

Ask the enertion US guys, they should know more about unity specifics (if my intel is correct)

2 Likes

@mackann said he was getting a new batch? (Going from memory, could be wrong)

@EnertionBoardsUSA?

1 Like

Crucial difference in Jasonland.

4 Likes

does anyone have any doa unity they want to sell ive got one that wont power on. Im hoping its got to do with the bluetooth module. Ill start looking at it this weekend but if someone has a dead one lying around that powered on with drv issues etc it could be handy

My unity would only power on when i keep the bluetooth disconnected try that i think the chips solder joints are misaligned will adjust that position sometime to test if i can get jt working again

Default bt chip can have issues from what I’ve read. Try a metr if that’s in the budget.

How is the VX2 working out for you with the Unity now you’ve got it running?

Very well. Except at the tippy top end but I think the “bumping/surging” sensation i’m feeling is more because of current control than the signal sent from the vx2. For me the board tops out at just under 30mph and its around then that I start feeling it at a full charge, but as the charge drops I start feeling it more in my comfort zone where its annoying.

now that I mention this and we’re all here, is there a setting that will fix that? or is that just “how it works”?

3 Likes

Hey guys I’m fairly new but I have a unity and a flipsky vx2 and I can’t seem to get them working together or at least not properly. I seem to have encountered an issue last night where the remote wouldn’t even spin the motors after I had set everything up and applied the setting to the unity

Post screenshots of settings

Not a home yet but will post later today! I’m bummed now I want to be home.

Yeah I’m not getting any read out from my controller to the ui for the unity. At least last night

Yeah im getting the same thing nice in a while. But um on different hardware both remote and esc. I’m getting it if I’m at max speed and continues to pull the trigger. Kinda feels like a quick speed wobble sensation.

What firmware are you running! I’m running ack 3.103 I think?
I’m also running current control mode

running the latest Unity firmware from enertion.

Soooo my Unity won’t turn off LOL. Turns on fine, but no matter what combo of button presses I use it won’t off.

Anyone else get this?

Edit: Switch function in general is spotty. Sometimes turns on, sometimes doesn’t. Sign of a failing button?

@CiscoV :point_up:

2 Likes

Check the wires at the switch. One of mine broke off under the heat shrink so I redid them all.

2 Likes

Replaced mine after it stopped working.