Focbox Unity issues

can’t we group fund her and get the app through side load?

4 Likes

I’m down…

maybe make the app a paid for pay app?

I don’t know you’re going to have to ask @sofu

1 Like

ran into weirdness last night when i was trying to calibrate my remote. FocBox UI would just hang on the calibration screen. Its never done that before.

It happened after i had to wipe and restore the latest firmware because i mistakenly thought i could use metr to update my ERPM limit on my unity for some testing we were doing. Then i tried using the latest FocBox Tool to do it and had to reupload firmware again.

never got my remote calibrated, but the defaults happen to work with that remote rather well, sooo… just weirdness.

@sofu there’s an idea,what about just making it a paid app until such time Enertion settle up with you?

Maybe a payment for a email to be added to testflight or something.

3 Likes

Oh someone else reported weirdness with the calibration routine, I’ll take a look in the morning thanks for reminding me.

8 Likes

and there is a guy on here that has sensor issues, I real somewhere you mentioned changing the sensorless erpm or some other setting to help out but didn’t wish to miss-speak!

thanks brother

I don’t want to deal with payment stuff to be honest. At some point in the future I may rename it, refactor it, and make it free for use if my schedule frees up.

17 Likes

We all appreciate your work and hope it becomes public is some form. I’m sure we would all be willing to fund your time as well as the support of @Deodand on the unity. It’s great hardware with an unfortunate back story.

2 Likes

You can use Metr to update ERPM limit

mov

You can also calibrate PPM in Metr app

:wink:

You can also do motor detection & backup / restore configurations

Give it a try

3 Likes

i did and it fucked all my shit up. That’s what i was saying. After doing exactly this i ended up having to reload my firmware.

4 Likes

@Deodand

Recently the entire unity app stopped working. It started with the remote calibration, but now I cant even apply the config without it reseting itself. Is this a common issue?

1 Like

would it be possible to get all the variables we can set from the terminal? FOCBOX UI doesn’t show everything, but using the terminal to change settings seems like a quick and easy way to update things like the ERPM limiter. Or is there already a help command that lists everything?

2 Likes

Yes please. Ideally, a setting that toggles basic/advanced configuration mode so that beginners can’t change too many variables at first glance.

And profiles.

mostly just looking for variables i can set manually that aren’t in the UI that i can apply quickly via terminal. I know there’s a list on somebody’s desk somewhere.

Happened to me too. I also had to reload the firmware back. This is on vesc6. I only use metr pro to just change modes and record stats now.

Not that I’ve seen, the unit is resetting itself or the app? Latest FW?

1 Like

Yes latest FW

Huh, 2nd time this week. My Unity resets to factory settings when off.

My unity just reset while out on a ride. It happened after the app crashed 2 times in a row while trying to connect to it.