Focbox Unity issues

That’s awesome that the antispark can be replaced!

I don’t @kook is in vain with an added XT-90S. I have on on my battery and it gives me peace of mind that I can unplug the battery or the esc (I have a long extender wire spanning the board between the two enclosures) without having either side spark. When I plug my battery back in the initial rush is taken by the XT-90S I presume so less wear on the Unity :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve had it happen too, maybe 5-10 times since I’ve had the Unity for 8+ months. The bright side is a quick reconfig on the side of the road is easy! I set up and change modes via Metr so I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts happening more now that I am constantly messing with settings.

1 Like

Certainly annoying but not the end of the world.

I wonder if preset motor and battery config put into a “profile” would be a quicker rewrite of a list of settings.

I just keep going into my photos to see what I set it at last haha

2 Likes

Have anybody had this problem (video).
The board was working just fine, didnt use it for a couple of hourse, then this happened. Was a quick fix with resetting everything on the unity and doing the setup again.

Sounds like your motor settings got reset like we were just talking about…

Your video comes up as blank with audio for me

3 Likes

K got some issues and made a thread but now I found this one. Maybe someone here got any idea.

I plugged in a 4cell lipo that was at 14.xxvolts and it shows up as 21V so clearly the voltage calibration is way off. Is there a way to recalibrate this? I cant seem to find it. Have tried to reflash the unity without any change

Been reading a lot of issues cropping up with unities lately lol.
Mine’s currently in need of repairs, should I:
a) send unity for repairs
b) wait for new tech from Jeff and get that instead

Time is non-relevant here as I won’t be able to put my board together till late April anyway…

1 Like

I’ve been reading about a lot of issues being fixed thanks to @Deodand that keeps on supporting it. He even said he’ll add HFI in an upcoming FW update. Credit where it’s due.

9 Likes

What connector does the Unity power button use? Doesn’t look like JST-XH.

1 Like

I think those are JST-PH connectors

1 Like

Fck! All of the sources I’ve found ship from either HK or CN.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com.au/QLOUNI-560Piece-JST-XHP-Connector-Housing/dp/B0774TF39N/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=jst-ph&qid=1582884048&sr=8-3

I was gonna offer to ship you some then I noticed you’re not in the US lol

2 Likes

Appreciate the thought mate!

1 Like

How many times does he have to ask the same question you ask?! Rather paranoid than streetfaced I say.

So on my dual 6374 SK3 setup and current 8S high discharge LiPo pack, if I wanted maximum performance the Unity settings would be:

Battery Amps: 160A (one setting)
Motor Amps: 80A (per motor)
Regen Amps: -50A (because RWD)

Your 6374 can handle 80A?

2 Likes

I think he calls them

Puff-The-Magic-Dragon

I know OEM spec sheets aren’t all that highly regarded around here, but Turnigy says they can do 80A, and the Max6 ESCs I used before could supply 160A each. They never got above luke warm with those ESCs, running BLDC instead of FOC though.

1 Like

Ah yeah. Probably a little overrated but it has good cooling so that helps. 70A is probably safer but 80A once in awhile won’t do much I don’t think

1 Like

So back to my Unity current settings question above?