:erection:

Yo! You got 12 50e cells laying around lol? I’m short a few

1 Like

12s10p
equals
20s6p

maths check

Hey Guys,
I am planning to build a Flux board as well, I can make a thread on its own but will try my luck here first.
I have the DIY deck&enclosure combo and i am planning on fitting a 12S9P p42 battery in there but I would like to retain the possibility of upgrading to 4WD in the future. As I will not want to desolder the whole battery when the time comes, i would like to build accordingly. I would like to go with dual storm cores and if possible/necessary heatsinks through the deck but don’t know the measurements plus I would like to get your opinions on the options:

My thoughts are:
In general two escs in the same chamber without heatsinks produce more heat, sure not double the amount of a single one because there is less stress on each, but it might still be a factor on long rides.
Through the deck heatsinks might noch even be necessary as shown by The Outlaw Star
A:

• If I go with heatsinks, two big holes so close to each other might make the enclosure unstable
  • might not fit well for the storm cores
  • heat build-up

B:

• might fit better
  • the usual fins on the heatsinks are oriented differently
  • heat build-up

C:

• definitely fits, as A13XR3 has shown in his post
  • fin direction does not fit if i go with heatsinks, plus might look odd being asynchron

D:

• would be my preferred option
  • downside would be one long battery wire (Long battery wires)

E:

• Dunno, better weight distribution?

Oh yeah I am not planning on using a BMS … will balanchecharge every couple of months…
Any help is appreciated

2 Likes

Top mount them. Add more battery

4 Likes

My original plan with the C layout was weight distribution and phase wire length. But with the new information I’ve read about inductive spikes coming from long battery wires has made me reconsider to something more like option A/B. I’m not going to cut into the enclosure to have a heatsink stick out I’m likely going to design my own tray, something like what Fredric has in the latest completes, but only to add thermal mass and ensure there’s air on all sides of the esc’s. Also holding the BMS securely above the esc’s was an initial concern so this will take care of that. If temps are to high I will work out a way to do a double heatsink through the board. I’m not concerned about fin orientation. Turbulent airflow across the fins is beneficial.

Also the reason I didn’t mention D was because it actually seems harder to work with when laid out there is less room for the phase wires and battery wire having to turn them directly up against the enclosure wall. And also having the esc edge super close to the battery.

2 Likes

+1 I wish I did this.

3 Likes

You still can. BUT now you gotta add +1 to series rather than parallel.

can always top mount an additional battery lol

1 Like

Anybody here have any idea if this deck will take Trampa trucks without too many extra holes? Pretty sure I’d need extra ones for.the spring pre compression bolts. But does the mounting pattern line up?

Pics with a ruler of the mounting holes would be sufficient! Please and thank you

Little bird told me @ReliantChris has this setup?

1 Like

Thinking of doing this as well. Looks like the base holes line up? But holes are needed for the tensioners? Can you post some close ups ? Please and thank you

lol sorry I don’t, I have matrix on my flux and trampa on my haero which already has the holes drilled in it.
If you go with the trampa barrels and flush bolts then you shouldnt have to drill the deck

1 Like

Bolts line up but you definitely need 2 extra holes per truck. Like you said, the tensioning holes or the barrel screws need to be drilled.

2 trucks = 4 extra holes

1 Like

I can live with that. I run my front barrels fully non pre tensioned so I probably won’t need those for now. Just something to keep them from popping out

It think the quintessece of the long battery wire thread was that you could counter the inductive spikes by running the plus and minus cables close together or even twisted/braided… Might be worth it for the aesthetics

1 Like

It’s not 100% needed I have a small 10s5p Samsung 25R mobile charger that I can hook up while riding, if I need an extra 6 to 8.

one of the dudes I ride with a lot rides a 12s10p Samsung 50e lonestar and he always had a good 10 to 20% more than me after we ride. So I get anxiety from that lol.

1 Like

:smiley: how much more battery could you want?! The enclosure already is massive!

Hey they line up for the main screws it’s the same matrix/Trampa but yeah the tensioner holes for the Trampa need to be drilled.

If you not sure then go to the Trampa sure and download the pic and print it out.

I think there is even a drill jig on Thingiverse.

After a weird year I have kind of dug in again even tho time is definitely not my friend
18s7p on the go

1 Like