Flipsky VX2 Remote

God it’s annoying.
I have to be so easy on my acceleration because of that delay or I get all wobbly.
I have to choose between VX1 and no display or VX2 and balkiness.

1 Like

I guess I can’t really speak to a ‘delay’ as this is the only remote I’ve ever used and I have nothing else to compare it to. But it seems very responsive to me at least

Yeah it’s possible you don’t notice it because you have nothing to compare it to.
If so I wish you could try my VX1 so you’d know what instant response feels like.
It’s also possible it’s not happening to everybody.
I wonder if it’s the combination of VX2 and focbox that causes the issue.
@Ricardo what’s your ESC?

Mine is a 2x Focbox unity (4wd setup). What’s yours?

single focbox unity

Is it normal to have reverse speed quite slow and a very gentle ramp up?

Any way to adjust/increase that?

Edit: ah, looks like a VESC issue/option

1 Like

Nope. Vx2 is a piece of shit that has delay in input.
Vx1 is instant, i put those values to get a smooth ramp in power. Vx2 just lags… like trying to play an online game on a server in another continent kind of lag.
Now with vesc wand, it’s somewhere in the middle. Not immediate response, but very predictable and nowhere near vx2 levels

In my experience you’re just describing smart reverse. That’s the whole point

So reading through the comments it seems like the VX2 is a decent choice. I’ve never used a non hobbywing which I actually like or the bag is S*** LingYi remote and I really don’t like the evolve remote either.

I’ve held the vx1 in my hand and liked the weight and feel to it ,I’ve also held the Hoyt puck which also felt good.

So Which would you guys recommend?

1 Like

Hoyt hands down.

2 Likes

I find my Vx2 pretty responsive. Have you reduced the deadband? And smart reverse is slow, yep, but you can change the reverse duty cycle up to full reverse. A few of the guys love their full reverse. Mine’s limited to 4.5mph

Or you can just use current mode haha

The VX1

I have failed to find a better remote over the years, My first one finally broke after 2 years recently when it accidentally became a slide puck down a sodden hill, now I have another and hope I get another 2 years out of it. I really feel like they nailed the cheap and reliable remote with the VX1

There were issues with them at one point which forced LaCroix to abandon them but that was a bad batch and doesn’t plague current hardware.

2 Likes

Must admit the VX1 felt the most solid in hand and I liked the weight to the scroll wheel also.
Granted I have never used it though whilst riding though.

1 Like

My VX2 worked fine 99% of the time. The problem was dropouts in high RF traffic areas most likely due to a single carbon layer in the Flux deck which reduces transmission SNR. VX1 dropped connection in the same places and only the Puck worked fine. When the VX2 did work, I never found that it lags. This is all on a Unity.

I just saw the VX1 and VX2 were on a flash sale on flipsky so I brought 1 of each, as I’m building 2 boards I will use the VX2 with my unity and the VX1 with the Stormcore 60D.

I ran into the same problem (have a v6 remote and a v4 ESC) and it did nothing when I switched the wires. I have the app setting set to UART in vesc tool. How did you get yours to work?

1 Like

did you figure it out?

I can’t connect my VX2 with a Stormcore 60D, same issue than yours

3 Likes

Make sure the Tx and RX pins match up even tho stormcore is Hw6 use the vesc 4 UART cable

1 Like

My baud rate was set to 9600 using UART, changing it to 115200 fixed the issue along with having the correct arrangement for TX/RX wires

1 Like