Flipsky VX2 Remote

Yeah not intuitive at all. Double or even triple tapping one of the other buttons would be better imo.

1 Like

Hi mate, did you ever get it working using an arduino to take the PPM output for brake detection? I’ve been searching the forum and wider internet trying to see how I can add a brake light on mine…

Did we were get to the bottom of this? I saw @Anubis suggest battery sag but I tried connecting the Unity tool to my unity at the same time as the VX2 pro and it was reporting 42.5V on a 12S pack when the remote was saying empty/almost empty

I’m now sort of double guessing myself, will repeat it later to make 100% sure that I’m seeing that voltage exactly when the remote is being difficult and that I’m not doing it after and letting the battery recover

Maybe it’s been mentioned before, but for anyone else like me who couldn’t get telemetry working with a Focbox Unity:

FAQ

Why the VX2 pro cannot show any data for my riding?

A: 1. Incorrect type of ESC selected(FSESC/FOCBOX). Since Benjamin has made improvements to be compatible with UNITY, Firmware versions above 5.0 are compatible with UNITY now. That is, they can be used for UNITY’s parameters setting. If your UNITY is using VESC TOOL 5.0 or higher, you need to select FSESC instead of FOCBOX in the remote. Otherwise, data cannot be reflected.
(Flipsky VX2 Pro Colorful Screen Remote for Electric skateboard | Ebike | Eboat compatible with VESC and FOCBOX UNITY|ESK8|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress)

This is why you need to set it to FSESC not UNITY.

I switched my VX1 to a VX2 and there’s this annoying difference.

With the VX1 when you throttle up the board responds immediately:

With the VX2 there’s a delay of about half a second.

This kinda sucks because normally you brace for the acceleration but now you brace and nothing happens… And THEN it goes.

At lower power levels the delay gets even worse: at medium power level the delay is closer to a second and at low power level the delay is more than a second.

Anyone know how to get rid of this annoying delay?

1 Like

recalibrate the thumb wheels in the remote setting and see if that fix the issue

1 Like

Yeah I tried that. No luck.

pair it again?

You can also try checking the dead zone? Should be in the input settings of whatever flavour of VESC tool you use, I adjusted it on the android version earlier today

I will try it - but it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with dead zone.
Even when I push the throttle up to full - way out of any dead zone - nothing happens for half a second.

There doesn’t seem to be any dead zone setting under APP CFG General or APP CFG UART

I tried changing dead zone in APP CFG PPM Mapping to zero but that had no effect.

Tried it. Same thing.

probably broken remote, maybe ask flipsky about it?

1 Like

so when using UART you’re not in PPM mode, changes in there won’t do anything. Now that I’m looking through it again I think I might have gotten mixed up too though. I was looking in APP CFG>VESC Remote>Input Deadband, but I think that might be specifically for the Trampa Wand?

OH MY GOD WHAT A COMPLETE PIECE OF SHIT THE VX2 IS
Took it for its shakedown cruise today. It’s not enough that every time you let off the throttle it takes half a second to accelerate again leaving you at risk of being run over by a bus you had timed it to miss.
Over the course of four hours it disconnected TEN TIMES.
Any one of the them could have killed me if it came at the wrong moment.
I don’t understand how the same company made the VX1 which has never disconnected on me in three months. Not once.
This widowmaker is going straight in the garbage. I’m not even going to sell it. I can’t responsible for what would happen.
@b264 was right about this thing.

1 Like

I have used my for over a year and it never disconnected on me and the throttle on mine is instant, you probably got a bad one, try to exchange it when it works well is great

3 Likes

When and where did you get this?
It’s not normal behaviour for this remote. Either the reseller or flipsky themselves should replace it.

6 Likes

Same here. Works fine for me and have had it just as long

1 Like

I never tried the VX2