Flipsky VX1 strange hesitations.

I am running hall sensors.
sensorless erpm 2500

:thinking: :smile:

2 Likes

interesting. I got a remote no receiver from someone and was trying to get flipsky to sell me a receiver. they refused. guess I wasn’t persistent/persuasive enough.

Lol Germany? Newark Delaware is mid-east coast US

2 Likes

LOL. I just saw DE. DM’d you.

2 Likes

This was awhile ago last year.
I contacted them through email and asked.
After several emails through a week period they sent me an invoice and I purchased them.

1 Like

I think I’m tying the failure on this VX1 to breaking potentiometer wires.

After the fix, I test rode this remote for a a few miles and the hesitations which were near constant were gone.

I think the hesitations were the result of a slowly breaking wire.

1 Like

I thiiink i’m in the same boat right now. I accelerate and get 2 power spikes before it stabilises somewhere in between.

Could be this or the receiver, which will probably need wires soldered directly. Or the canbus, but i start to doubt it, it’s thicc silicone wires from trampa

Although i’m a bit anxious on operating on the single remote i have, i will open it up in a bit and start tugging on things.

Will update

1 Like

Okay, opened up the remote, all the solders are spotless.

Unwrapped all the tape and foam off the receiver, applied a mild brake with the remote and moving the receiver wires sometimes makes a static noise in the motors, signalling that the connection is not really solid. I was not able to replicate this by the time i got set up to film it

1 Like

Soldered the receiver wires, got everything neat, only to realise that it’s simply the potentiometer that is busted…

Basically that thing relies on continuous contact with a semiconductor surface. And just like brushed motors, where there’s 2 things rubbing against each other, things wear out.
This vx1 lasted me close to 4 months or the better part of 3000km
1 Like

interesting. I wonder what kind of life to expect from the potentiometers. yours doesn’t seem like that long.

I got over 5000km on the one this post is about before fixing the wires, and it working again.

you made sure the throttle can’t bump and move the wires around? I think a beginning to fail connection combined with moving the wires could give a similar effect.

You could hook a multimeter up directly to the throttle pot and confirm your observations that the resistance doesn’t smoothly change.

1 Like

I’ve solved this by spraying contact cleaner into the potentiometer… Working just fine for the last 4 months.

1 Like

Pic?

Okay, inside the potentiometer:

There’s clearly some deposits there…
Also a ride after resoldering receiver:

Power hesitations still exactly there. I pushed the throttle to a fixed position and it spiked up after every single time
2 Likes

Fixed!
A bath in wd40 spray on the green thing, dry paper (the good shit not the kind that leaves flakes), everything put back together and hesitations are gone.

2 Likes

Wow. crazy fix. nice sleuthing.

1 Like

Told ya :joy: gld you made it work again.

1 Like

not sure why i bookmark this, but i bookmarked this

2 Likes

Ha. You’ll need it some day. Or at least you can refer someone to this thread when the time comes

2 Likes

I just fixed 2 remotes with problems.

they wires hadn’t failed but I repaired them anyway.
they had the dirty pots though:

that dinky little potentiometer kinda scares me now that I looked at it up close.

one of them:
before

after

not really sure this is worth doing. probably worth buying new remotes or pots.

2 Likes

If it helps, trampa wand has more or less the same potentiometer, and the whole setup got me to around £200

2 Likes