Flipsky 75100 foc for esk8, good ?

Good, but your screenshot is not the final sale price lol. They are in double 11 protmotion ,and all escs 10%O off by using a code :HAPPY1, so 89.1USD /pcs is the final price.Flipsky 75100 FOC 75V 100A Single ESC Based on VESC For Electric Skate – FLIPSKY

1 Like

thanks, honey :slight_smile:

1 Like

look whos under the rock with us now!

@BillGordon

Thanks for your suggestion. It’s really hard to install in an e-skateboard, or maybe need to be loaded on the deck. From your experience, are there any dual vesc support 14S for esk8? Or if I go on to use fsesc, should I lower the battery under 12S?

Ps: that description states “within 16S”
Might wanna be careful

The components all seem to be 100V rated tho (judging from the pictures)

6 Likes

Yeah those FETs are 100V, I was kind of surprised that the actual reference 75V design from Vedder uses 75V FETs and doesn’t have any headroom built in.

This seems like a pretty conservative design for 84V. Or maybe just a bad design if they traded off high switching losses for Vds rating, haven’t had time to poke that far into the data sheets. My set of these ESCs is out for delivery today so I’m looking forward to seeing them in person

3 Likes

Spintend and Stormcore.

3 Likes

If they are water resistant enough I would make the enclosure shorter and directly mount them under the deck. They shouldn’t be higher than a double stack enclosure.

1 Like

The drawings say 33.8mm tall so that should fit in a lot of enclosures, not all but 40mm+ ones aren’t that rare

The specs say IP54, but they don’t seem very sure of that so I’m kind of unsure about mounting externally

Makerx, little focer

Dual 14S?

Hello! First post here. Just bought two of these for a DIY scooter with a hub motor. I’ve actually followed the VESC project for many years. Stumbled upon it in maybe 2016 just as 32bit processors were beginning to appear on RC ESCs… Im an electrician/electronics tech; for a hobby I’ve been into electric RC aircraft for a long time, was active when brushless motors/controllers hit the scene which basically coincided with the intro of lipos/lion for power. It’s been interesting watching the motor/controllers evolve to personal mobility.

Im going to crack one open tomorrow, take some good pics and give you my opinion on the build quality. Hopefully, I will have time to install and test tomorrow as well.

11 Likes

hi, i have this ESC and tested it already with an aftermarket Xiaomi M365 Motor on 16s. lipo battery. It works quite good is my impression so far. The motor has some crazy torque after it reaches about 20kmh. The initial torque is not good, but I guess i have to play with the throttle settings because throttle is based on current. I really consider pairing this ESC with Bafang BBSHD Motor in the future, maybe it will turn out to be amazing match.

4 Likes

Hey sounds like a good plan! A couple of us have some initial pics in another thread below, and I’m curious to see if there’s much unit to unit variance so if anything looks different on yours that’d be very interesting. Mine are currently sealed up with some 3D printed mechanical supports for the capacitors and quite a lot of silicone

2 Likes

I just saw this thread. I was looking into this too for a diy e-scooter project.

For everyone that cant believe the prices, this is around the same price/power rating as those generic 20s scooter/ebike ESC’s. Perhaps flipsky is taking a loss/less profit to gain foothold in that market?

The main advantage of this being a fully programmable VESC.
The main disadvantage is that it’s not compatible with those nice ebike/e-scooter LCD’s, pedal assist, horn, lights, etc without doing diy jank.

Hope the specs are as good as they claim! Interested to see how they’ll hold up amongst the hundreds of generic cheap ebike controllers out there

2 Likes

Yeah they’re not even fully fully programmable, they don’t support BLDC (though I wouldn’t be using that anyway) and it seems they lack the ability to update the firmware to future versions of VESC FW. That could be a much bigger issue based on the statements from VESC devs about upcoming features. I would be surprised if VESC development didn’t start to incorporate more escooter-specific features (like maybe a standard for easy display out) as those grow even more in market size

2 Likes

Saw on their website saying support for speed display, wonder if they have something like a broke man’s davega in the works?

it already exists:

You’d just need to print a bike handlebar friendly enclosure for it

2 Likes

its not a broke man’s davega. it’s a clone of the original davega :rofl: