Flipsky 75100 foc for esk8, good ?

I put a screenshot up instead of a link for when the price inevitably changes :crazy_face:

Flipsky saved me so much money over the years and I only had one Faliure.
Im thinking about getting one for my 20s e bike. Right now Iā€™m running a Phaserunner but it can only handle 40A continuous without overheating. Additionally I would get a lot of smart features with the uart ports.

2 Likes

I have both the 20S MakerX and the FS 20S.
I tested the MakerX first in my dual motor 20S scooter with 200A. They worked well up to 180A iirc. Now I have them in a 20S mountainboard. I donā€™t think you need more than 120A for the board at 20S.

The FS will be installed in a scooter as well for tasting. Canā€™t recommend testing new stuff on esk8s since itā€™s too dangerous and I had overheating problems with FS in the past that caused me injuries.

I paid for the FS 72ā‚¬ incl. shipping and tax. Thatā€™s what an ESC should cost in 2021 imho.

BTW, the FS is too big for non MTB esk8s.

5 Likes

Motor or battery amps?

Motor each

Wooo thatā€™s moist

Really?The fsesc that I used the longest time for two years, dual fsesc6.6 plus.12S4P, motors 6374 190KV.

Yes, I also want to see how those people who have used say the flipsky 75100.

Good, but your screenshot is not the final sale price lol. They are in double 11 protmotion ,and all escs 10%O off by using a code :HAPPY1, so 89.1USD /pcs is the final price.Flipsky 75100 FOC 75V 100A Single ESC Based on VESC For Electric Skate ā€“ FLIPSKY

1 Like

thanks, honey :slight_smile:

1 Like

look whos under the rock with us now!

@BillGordon

Thanks for your suggestion. Itā€™s really hard to install in an e-skateboard, or maybe need to be loaded on the deck. From your experience, are there any dual vesc support 14S for esk8? Or if I go on to use fsesc, should I lower the battery under 12S?

Ps: that description states ā€œwithin 16Sā€
Might wanna be careful

The components all seem to be 100V rated tho (judging from the pictures)

6 Likes

Yeah those FETs are 100V, I was kind of surprised that the actual reference 75V design from Vedder uses 75V FETs and doesnā€™t have any headroom built in.

This seems like a pretty conservative design for 84V. Or maybe just a bad design if they traded off high switching losses for Vds rating, havenā€™t had time to poke that far into the data sheets. My set of these ESCs is out for delivery today so Iā€™m looking forward to seeing them in person

3 Likes

Spintend and Stormcore.

3 Likes

If they are water resistant enough I would make the enclosure shorter and directly mount them under the deck. They shouldnā€™t be higher than a double stack enclosure.

1 Like

The drawings say 33.8mm tall so that should fit in a lot of enclosures, not all but 40mm+ ones arenā€™t that rare

The specs say IP54, but they donā€™t seem very sure of that so Iā€™m kind of unsure about mounting externally

Makerx, little focer

Dual 14S?