Flipsky 75100 foc for esk8, good ?

Is there anyone who have used flipsky 75100 in an esk8 ? Two for dual drive. Thanks for let me know if it can be good used in an electric skateboard.
If two 75100 escs performs well, then it will improve my original 6.6 short-circuited problem caused by using 14S battery . I see they have promotion in their official website, should I get two ?

odds are that if you get two, atleast one will be functioning :smiley:

Get 4 if you want 2 operational?

Flipshit and some other chinese brands have a semi good rep around here

5 Likes

The thing is even if only 2 out of 4 work it would still be cheaper than the competition. Flipsky has improved over the years. The defect rate is more like 1 out of 20.
The FS 75100 are very new so we have pretty much no experience with it. If they turn out to be reliable they would be by far the best value Vesc ever. 20s capable Vesc are rare end expensive.

4 Likes

Yeah but is a 75v controller really suitable for 20S? I would have thought 18S at best

1 Like

They are ratet for 20s. I think they modified the 75100Vesc for higher Voltage. The labeling is still stupid…
I don’t know if anyone actually tested them on 20s but if it turns out to be true that would be awesome

2 Likes

I got 2 of these 100v controllers to play with, but i’m not gonna go past 18s

Edit: holy shit… just looked at the price of the flipskys. How can anyone expect something so cheap to actually be any good?

3 Likes

Yeah it’s not a 75v controller it’s just a bit confusingly named

“Based on VESC 75100” means the general outline of the circuit consisting of a microcontroller with VESC firmware and instead of using an all-in-one mosfet driver like the DRV8301, they build a driver for each phase out of its component parts.

The DRV limits you to 60V, and the “standard” VESC 75/100 design uses mosfets that can only take 75V (IRF7769). The Flipsky design uses 100V rated mosfets (MDP10N027), and 100V capacitors.

7 Likes

I see.

So who’s testing for science? It’s cheap enough. I am sworn against flipsky for life, so it can’t be me.

2 Likes

Oh I have some on order to test already! Plus someone else beat me to it, they posted pics in the Earktech flipsky thread

2 Likes

I think pretty much everything we pay for is way to expensive because we are a niche market. The FS 75/100 is made for the E bike and E scooter market that is much larger. Maybe they just build larger qualities and are able to make it cheaper this way.

7 Likes

This was almost word for word what I was gonna say :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm. Time and magic smoke will tell, i’m sure.

2 Likes

Here I am paying $1000 for a 20s esc for the sur ron :unamused::unamused:

Haha no but seriously how are they so cheap, these have to be a dud

1 Like

Yeah but that probably is 20S 1million amps

2 Likes

Ahhh yes, just saw that. Mine is ~800 amps

1 Like

Thats a whole fuck ton of power

2 Likes

Just for the record

Holy shit.

I feel like if it looks too good to be true, then there should be a massive dose of skepticism applied.

Are these first-batch fucked-up units like Flipsky has discounted before?

edit: see below:

1 Like

100% agreed.

1 Like

Hahahahaha beat me to my own link

1 Like