Flipsky 75100 FOC 75V 100A Single ESC Based on VESC® for Electric Skateboard

great stuff to keep the hot coffee :rofl:

Anyone run it at a high voltage? Im planning to use a 72v battery.

Can voltage spike levels be foreseen based on motor kv? Spikes happen during regen I believe.

Im running 16s. Not the highest voltage but they are working well on 5.3.

now we have released 75100 With Aluminum PCB and Dual 75100 With Aluminum PCB version, welcome to try them.

1 Like

that poor xt90

4 Likes

what connector do you think to change instead of xt90?

One xt90 for 2 motors could be bit conservative. Atleast for higher current, I’d use two :slight_smile:

got it, thanks for your advice.

since i bought my esc, i couldn’t use abi encoder, any suggestions?

video:
shorturl.at/iuZ34

i run 180A peak with one xt90 no problem on a real ebike controller all day long with out any problem

Phase amps maybe. Otherwise you have a massive voltagedrop over your connector. I can gaurantee you that 180A cont. melts a xt90.

1 Like

its peak not continious, 1-2 second its not enough melt a xt90

1 Like

yeah meassure that vdrop and come back to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

, been in ebike modification for 15 years …,i think we gonna stop this endless conversation lol

Totally serious question, why is this voltage drop an issue? Is it bad for the esc?

Just means you have alot of losses at a bottleneck. Generating uneacesary heat and potentially causing trouble. When you design high current paths in power electronics, say a charger cables for a EV f.e you calculate what line loses you aim for in a system for a certain current, that in turn will give your required conductor width for your system to keep the vdrop att a desired level. Its basically that you want to control your losses and maintain high voltage. For a system with many hundreds of amps maybe 1% total system vdrop is your goal. Things are pretty easy to calculate from there.

In the case of the xt90, which is rated to carry 90A(DC). I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some test data that pin points around 60A (DC)as a good all-day-contineuous current for it.

6 Likes

Taken from the other forum @Snikerdoodlz

Apart from Silicone, this is another option:

7 Likes

amazing we can convince ourselves to trust our lives on that.

5 Likes

I have the older version white pcb and the newer one with blue pcb.

Can i run these two together for a dual hub setup? Ill be using the latest firmware for both.

chance you would “upload new fw to all vesc on CAN bus”

that would be bad

I assume you mean scooter size hubs also

1 Like