FlexiBMS Public Support, Feature & Troubleshooting Thread

4,09V- 4,08V and faults still persisting :confused:

Ok guys, can anyone share fine serrings for 10s4 p on Mj1? I switched to second flexi and still got issues, I want to add that I double checked battery and balanse conenction :frowning:

Quick question, do you happen to have a model or a ā€˜ā€˜bounding boxā€™ā€™ model for flexiLite? Iā€™m building a case where every centimeter matters and it would be great if there would be .step model available.

Any news on when the Flexibms will be back for saleā€¦getting stressed as need it to finish my build

For the people running the beta units, do I need anything else besides CAN high and low for it to be accessible over CAN?

FkexiBMS To be on (5v) or usb connected

1 Like

@SimosMCmuffin
Hi there, Iā€™m having some trouble charging recently. It didnā€™t do that in the beginning but started after a few months. It goes to around 80 percent then then stops. If I unplug it and plug it back in it sometimes does the full charge. Recently it starts to be more and more on and off though. I had the same issue on an older board. In that case I used a different charger and it seemed to work. But before I buy the NEXT charger I was wondering if it could have other causes.
my thoughts were:
firmware and flexibms settings???
charger?
cabeling? how important is it and why that balance cables donā€™t touch/cross? Or is it at all?
Doesnā€™t seem to be heat related.
Not sure how to troubleshoot that.
Grateful for any input.
Thanks

Sebastian

When you say stop are the cells balancing?
Is the other charger that works a low ampage?

no, it just stops. I currently donā€™t have FlexiBMS hooked up to any interface that could read the individual cells. But itā€™s yellow first (balancing) and then stops.
The other charger didnā€™t work on my old board anymore (which ad the same issue). My current Charger did though. Now this is a new board with FlexiBMS and I start having the same issue with the new charger. I donā€™t have the old charger anymore.

Dose your ā€œchargerā€ have a cut off when the load drops below a threashold or is it a PSU?

When you say stop I presume the flexi turns off because there is no voltage on the charg port terminals.

USB and PC

Hey @Darkie02 ,
thanks for helping out. didnā€™t realize i could use usb for it.
will check all those things. the charger was ordered from apex. btw anyone got a recommendation for a good one, ideally without fan?
am i assuming right that touching/overlapping balance cables are only an issue because of friction and potential loss of insulaton? mine are packed quite tight in the center, but they are slightly oversized.

I stick with Meanwell HLG range of PSU itā€™s the one @SimosMCmuffin tested an rated very highly so dose @hummieee (who seems to broken every other charge he touches)

Doesnā€™t say on there website
@ApexBoards do you charger terminate the charge when the current drops or do you use you bms to end the charge? @Lee_Wright @BigBen

Everything Iā€™ve gotten from China broke. The meanwell is great n barely costs more.
Without the fan and with the adjustable voltage n current is durable.

1 Like

Am I right here in reading you had the same issue on two seperate chargers @sebastian?

The charger will cut out once the battery voltage reaches the rated voltage. Iā€™m not saying our chargers are bomb proof, but weā€™ve sold over 100 of them and not had a single complaint, if you have a faulty charger we will of course replace it at our cost but Iā€™d invite some more testing to determine whays going on. Would be unlikely that itā€™s the charger if the same thing has happened on two different chargers (think thatā€™s what Iā€™m understanding)

i only tried this charger on this board. it was on my old board that i had a different charger which showed the same symptoms. (completely different battery). today it happened already at 60 percent charge. if i keep pluggin it in and out at some point it will keep charging. i am sure itā€™s not a loose contact though

1 Like

thanks, do you have a model name or link?

What does the charger measure at its output?

would this one do the job? 54v should that be 50.5v???
https://www.powersuppliesonline.co.uk/power-supplies/led-lighting-power-supplies/hlg-series-mean-well/hlg-320h-54a-321-6w-54v-5-95a-led-lighting-power-supply.html

Like ur pic is good. I have what looks the same but does 600 watts. The voltage is adjustable within maybe 10 volts

thanks, is there a dial on it or something?