FlexiBMS Public Support, Feature & Troubleshooting Thread

Calling all UK Flexi owners,

I am having trouble getting my flexi to work with metr and davega, even with support from Jan and Simos nothing seems to work and at this point I suspect there is an issue with the flexiBMS itself.

Is there anyone in the UK that would be willing to test my BMS in their set up or let me test their FlexiBMS in mine to confirm this is the issue or rule it out?

3 Likes

Are they all jst-xh? @SimosMCmuffin gotta get an extra 90deg 4 pin for mine

The balance leads have a 2.54mm pitch (JTS XH)

Canbus and I/O have a 2.0mm pitch (JTS PH)
I also used a 2 pin PH on the temp sensor

He was offering some other conecteres that fit with the same pitch but I can’t rember what thay were

1 Like

Hey Simmo, Sorry but I’m just wondering if I’m doing something dumb. I’m hooking up my second one of these. First one went without a hitch. Second one I’m just at the stage where I’m about to connect the B- lead, (B+ is already connected). When I momentarily touch the B- on the battery negative. it cycles through its light sequence, and just by chance I had my finger on the LT chip, and holy hell it got really hot immediately, like really hot. Finger burning hot. I disconnected it immediately out of fear and tried again, same story. Cant remember that happening on the first one but didn’t have my finger on it. feels like more that 60deg so I haven’t tried again. What causes this and can I avoid it? Balance leads are not yet plugged in. Cheers

1 Like

@SimosMCmuffin
im slightly drowning in information here. I can’t find a guide how to wire it up with the vesc-HD60 in order to get the p-group balance in the vesc app. Could someone point me in the right direction? Really struggling to find it (I’m sure there is a wiring guide for it)
also, does this hook straight up with the metr app or do i need the module? i suppose you need the module, just wondering
thanks

seb

VESC app dose not support smart bms yet

Metr is locked software that will only connect to a Metr module. @SimosMCmuffin is working on his own app

Opto enable is 5v from the vesc (optional)
Ground is not recommended if you have any switches or loop keys on the - battry cables

ah thanks, that makes sense. unless i use davega or metr, is there any advantage of hooking it to the ESC?

Can bus is a communication system it’s a butchered version that the VESC uses but it’s not the VESC controlling it. you can have a flexi bms and metr can connected with out a VESC.

BV has not incorporated smart bms in to the VESC project yet but with the trampa smart bms coming. BV is working in it

2 Likes

thanks dude!

Hello bros!
Every time my battery drops below 20% and I want to charge it I get Faults on FlexiBMS (Low_Volt:1 for all cells) after clearing faults it charges normally, is there any setting to prevent it from happening ? (hate to remove cover every time to connect usb to flexi)
10s4p on LG MJ1, charging on 40V 1.5A

1 Like

My only thought is maybe in that last bit of riding, your cells are sagging below the 2v minimum cell voltage you have set($3).

All cells are fine and dandy, checked few times :stuck_out_tongue: No extra sag :stuck_out_tongue:

But on hard acceleration towards the end of SOC they may momentarily dip below that :man_shrugging:

But dude, the issue is when I want to charge battery and it is below 20% I got faults in flexi BMS, battery voltage do not drop below critical level, there is no sag and board is not working alle balance leads are fine, this is strange. Also I rode max 30kmph, this board is for chill rides :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So what is the voltage of the cells? What voltage do you call 20%

3,9V :slight_smile: 20% on wand :stuck_out_tongue:

So your saying all cells are at 3.9v?

Not all, but around it. Issue is this faults are persisting and I looking for any answer. I need to add I do not have this extra diode installed ( https://www.digikey.fi/product-detail/en/micro-commercial-co/BAT46WS-TP/BAT46WS-TPMSCT-ND/10054316 )

So what voltages is the flexi reporting

Fault codes from screen shot few messages ago :stuck_out_tongue: Now I wont tell you because I charge it after clearing fault codes. Also wheare flexi shows cell voltage info in console?