FlexiBMS Public Support, Feature & Troubleshooting Thread

I had this phenomenon before, but it was due to a slight contact failure of the 13p balanced connector.
It was improved by slightly bending the corresponding balance connector pin.
In this state, one cell is 4.1V or higher, and charging will not start even if the total voltage is low.

Any chance of fixing this in a near future? I have a Bioboards with dual Flexi laying around, would be nice to confirm your idea is right.

2 Likes

I’ll very likely have a test release for the fix today.

2 Likes

I got started last evening, but didn’t get the fix ready for pre-release, but I believe I can get it ready today for pre-release testing.

2 Likes

@janpom @rpasichnyk @mackann

0.11 pre-release is out. Didn’t unfortunately have time to confirm that everything works as expected this evening, but as such I’m labeling it as pre-release for that reason.

6 Likes

@rpasichnyk is there a easy way of updating the Flexi thro the meat app?

Not at the moment

1 Like

Now would be a good time to connect the BMS back to the PC with the USB and check that the BMS is seeing sensible values from the pack, configure the parameters how you want to run your pack and enter the calibration values on the ESD bag that the BMS arrived in.

Can anyone explain - what tool to use and how to acess the terminal commands? using plain english non developer lingo :slight_smile:

Terminal setup:

Commands:

Parameters:

1 Like

Edit: - Still not seeing where to input the Calibration thats on the packaging.

Okay So ive got a fault where cell 10 is Undervolted - Its hard to say if the group is blown or just overdischarged (likey OD) - Anyway via comand to see the volatge, and tempoarilly, allow charging to try and revive the cell group?

Look again

2 Likes

I did, im not savy like that - just need the dummy version for what “$$”? command would allow me to eneter the values (if that dosent resolve the issue - i do see how i can lower the volatage that charging can be allowed, but id like to know what the current volatge of group 10 IS)

Once i do it once… i’ll understand but ive been through all the links, only comming here after days of trying to grasp yet a new thing :wink:

Can only say look at the links again so many times. It walks you thro it like a FOR DUMMY GUIDE.

1 Like

if im correct the answer is `
$19
$21
$23

not everyone learns the same way. and ive blown thousands of euros of equpiement in the past based on “trying” sometimes its nice just to get the answer - im a reverse engener. Simple is complicated complicated is simple for some :wink:

:expressionless:

Managed to get all configurations working how do I bypass an undervolted cell group? Tried to lower the battery-charge voltage minimum to 2,1.5… even 1 - (the group is at 1.6-7). Would setting the Sgroups to 9s resolve ?
(10s4P30)

Why is it so low? If there normal 18650 then manufactures would say safly dispose of them and a brick chargers is just a bad idea

Proberbly $3 / $7 depending how you set it up

1 Like

Hey man I’m wondering whats the type of JST you’re using on the cells pack connection?

JST-XH 13-pin

1 Like

okay that’s what I tought it, was just double checking :grin: thank you!