FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

I could swear I did!

I’m having trouble setting up the FlexiBMS detection within the Metr Pro app after upgrading the battery.
I connected the bms to the new battery and set it up with the new CAN wake-up feature (following this instructions).

Metr Pro detects the bms and the tab FlexiBMSlite appear on the Expert page. Read and write also work as expected.

The problem it’s the realtime UI of the bms which is bugged. I’m not able to check cell’s voltage and main parameters, look at the screenshot below:

In Battery|Battery type I set “DieBie/Flexi/LLT” with * Battery|Auto Show* enabled and Miscellaneous|Detect DieBie/Flexi enabled.

Do you have latest Metr Pro firmware and FlexiBMSlite firmware?

2 Likes

Damn, I’m on the 5.28!! I totally forgot to upgrade the module :upside_down_face:

But unfortunately when I press “Upgrade” it download the firmware for about 1s and then I get Error: SHA-256 mismatch

1 Like

Please try again!

3 Likes

It worked and fixed the bug!

Thank you so much :wink:

3 Likes

Best-fix-eva :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone who can help me with that? Still isn’t fixed… The BMS is practically unusable. :upside_down_face:

is 18s version available yet? I need to buy bms for my UBOX Spintend, and this looks great form factor wise for my build :slight_smile: Any info on price?

did you look into the IsoSPI via C coupling already?
Wondering if there is a major drawback, like robustnes or something else.
On the schematics it looks by far easier than the transformer isolation, maybe the catch is in the layout then…

@SimosMCmuffin
Hi There, Is there any sort of more detailed wiring guide or photo of a wired up pack for this? I’m not trying to become an expert and struggle to find my may through the Flood of information. Is there a simple way to hook this up on a 12s pack? The Wiring guide does not show me where the charge port goes or whether the wires go in relation to the P groups or where the actual output goes. If I look at other diagrams It’s always a little different and I don’t want to break it. Are those firmware updates necessary? I kind of imagined this a little more straight forward when I ordered. :clown_face:

Charge ports is opasit the pac terminals
Charge only BMS there is no output

0= pack -
1= P group 1+
2= Pgroup 2+
Ect ect
12= pack +
In battry talk you go from - counting up until pack pos

Don’t forget to Disconnect the connector from the PCB when wiring up

4 Likes

Trampa 18s small one, DieBieMS xlite 18s, FlexiBMS 18s lite all coming out so soon! it is amazing! love the action and we finally get alot off choices to go to for smart BMS 16s capable!

yours does seem to be the smallest, I think Trampa will have full bms because it is 3.5 x 13cm or something. I love that options are coming :))

2 Likes

thanks!

hi man.

Is there any ETA on 18s lite version? starting to build a pack so will need to select a bms soon :slight_smile:

Also I found the length and width of the 18s bms, what it should be most likely, but no mention of the thickness. could you please let me know if it would fit into 20mm?

Shits out of stock, read this post.

Oh

Mauser 1.558 Expected 10/06/2021. Next in 2022 :rofl::ok_hand:

According to some sources this ship is “ Permanently discontinued”

Supply that will arrive in June will be last batch

@Darkie02 @SimosMCmuffin
Just to double check before I blow up the house, 20 awg for balance leads and 16 awg for charge port is fine for 10A charging?

AWG 20 is more than enouth as the flexi balance at 0.085A but if you go to small it easy to brake. AWG20 is to big for the crimps. I can’t rember the balance plug size off hand but JTS PH take 24-32AWG. JTS XH 22-30 aprox depending on manufacture.

AWG 16 is only just big enough and will start to get warm at 10A