FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

Can you take a picture of the bottom of the pcb, focus on this diode.

Theres no diode there lol, on my second pcb there is

It could have fallen off, seems like theres some solder its not bare copper, do you maybe know the name so i can order one and solder it?

Very probably my error

Well that explains it. The MCU can’t power on from the pack, if that diode is missing.

Any chance you could have accidentally bumped the pcb against something that the diode could have gotten bumped slightly? Was the shipping package damaged when you received it? If you still have the ESD-bag that the BMS arrived in, check in it to see if it’s rolling around in there.

No diode in sight, replaced the pcb, now im getting red and purple flashing, i guess its working properly now

well atleast charging does

edit: flashing stopped

Flashing stopped, meaning that no color is shown on the Led, or it’s showing a solid color??

What is your pack’s S-count? What is your charger? I’m assuming you have default settings on the BMS?

12s battery, 12s 4a charger, when charging gree-purple flash, when not charging no led, cell count 12, max charge 9500 or 9.5A as customer will charge at that rate

That’s okay, the solid green means that it’s charging, purple means that there are logged faults and red means it’s in a faultstate.

Could you check what the logged faults are?

I recommend setting the limit a little bit over this, to say 10,5Amps, as if the customer is using a 9,5Amp charger it might flag a fault due to slight noise in the charging current, if you set it at the exact charger’s rated current.

1 Like

ok, charge current set higher, faults same as before, cell low voltage and bms temp

If you reset the faults with $G, and then un-plug, wait a couple seconds and re-plug the charger, does the BMS show red color again? I’m just wondering why the BMS flagged those faults…

btw, do you have any preferred electronic component shops where I could look for a new diode for you?

$G solved it, thanks, not more purple.

Not really, mouser has expensive shipping to Croatia, digikey I’m not sure, and ebay seems kinda sketchy for these kinda parts so anywhere where is available is good thanks

Thanks again for the help, @pdscunha and me really appriciate it :smiley:

1 Like

Please, also try un-plugging the charger, waiting a couple of seconds and re-plug it and see if get any red or purple colors on the Led.

I did, waited about 5-10s tried charging for a few, disconnected charger, all good.

1 Like

This is the diode for the D7.
Relevant attributes are the SOD-323 package, at least 100V of DC reverse voltage and type can be either normal or schottky.

https://www.digikey.fi/product-detail/en/micro-commercial-co/BAT46WS-TP/BAT46WS-TPMSCT-ND/10054316

Doing some logo ideastorming/designing

Which three do you think look the best to you?

0 voters

1 Like

Is there any difference between 3 and 4 or are you just testing us? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Actually might be the same…

I mean no, it’s a test ofc. What do you think I am, some sort of an idiot :face_with_monocle:

12 Likes

also 5 is the same?

no, the bottom is slightly different

1 Like

thats 6 not 5

the bottom of 5 is slightly further right than 3 and 4

2 Likes