FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

What FW version is the Davega on?

It’s on 4.06

It’s on a separate screen. You should now have a BMS screen and BMS2 screen.

3 Likes

When you say this I assume it would still be okay to Y split the metr to the flexiBMS CAN cables and also have the DAVEGA Y split to the flexibms and still have it run fine?

Yes, you can have up to 127 devices on the same CAN bus so that’s not a problem at all.

2 Likes

With Flexi BMS ID 10 and 11 it is working perfectly :slight_smile:

Thx

3 Likes

I’m getting the 1.0 HW design for the “Lite 12S” and 0.1 HW design for the “Lite 18S” done this week*.

Also dropped a bit over 60% of company’s bank account on components for the upcoming Lite 12S batch. Not that I have had time to grow a large amount of capital in there yet, but still this should show that I’m investing a large amount into getting new units underway and stocked.

That being said, it would seem that the current global component short-supply that is affecting bigger manufacturers as well, might be affecting the schedule for me to get the needed critical components in stock, before I can running my assembly line. There were quite a number of critical ICs on backorder, so schedule wise I can’t give out any estimates.

*As a reminder, the current “FlexiBMS Lite” is getting rebranded to “FlexiBMS Lite 12S” to provide better naming convention, as the 18S supporting Lite design will be called “FlexiBMS Lite 18S”, so it’s clear just by the name, up to how many series cell packs the different boards support.

17 Likes

Probably gonna do, for the first prototype version, a possibility of daisy-chaining the Lite 18S units, just to test out the feature, not that it’ll likely be implemented in the actual Lite 18S design as it presents too many implementation challenges/compromises for the Lite design concept.

Might be more interesting feature set for the e-bike community voltage wise, but still with the future concept for FlexiBMS “Infini” (no thought given to naming yet), which could be suited up to car EV use- cases or other high voltage configurations, I want to test this as a possible implementation option/method.

1 Like

I don’t mean to be a party pooper, but try not to stretch yourself out too thin with all these fun side projects :smiley:

2 Likes

The first version of the Lite 18S is gonna be a prototype/testing/development board, so it’s not gonna be size-optimized. This means that there is space to test out these extra configurations and then leave them out for the final implementation.

I got interested in adding the possibility to test this feature from the LTC6813’s datasheet when it mentioned the possibility of capacitively daisy-chaining the isoSPI interface between the units. I had not thought about this implementation option ever, so it suddenly brought the possibility of testing it to reality. It’s very easy to add to the board as well, just 2 inline capacitors and a couple extra resistors to allow to configure the inputs and outputs.

This was the implementation method I had known from before, which is proper isolation-transformer based, which is much more heavy on the implementation side compared to the capacitive-coupling style.

3 Likes

Anyone can help me why my flexi bms does not want to charge unless its connected to my pc via usb?

As soon as I plug in my usb, it seems to “wake up” lights start flashing and allows charging after 10 seconds

These are my “faults” all my cells are at 3.6v… so probably false errors as it turns on

Hey @SimosMCmuffin , I’ve watched through your first part and i think its really good. Feeling much more confident now!

1 Like

Is this the power-on led color sequence or normal operating colors?

Is this your first time using the BMS or did it start doing this suddenly?

Im trying to find the color sequance meaning, but cant find it tbh, let me check what colors flash

yes installed last night, today wanted to test charging

Is this color sequence you’re seeing, or something else?

If that´s what you typed in, your fault is that you didn´t save the parameters to eprom correct?
So you changed $0 and $1 and didn´t $S (safe).

Also @Acido ,a list of your settings would be nice.

Weird thing is no colors appear before i plug in the usb, even if main terminals are connected together with balance cables, my settings are default

I will try with another pcb…
My balance cables are in order, firstly b plus and b - after the balance connector, all done by instructions idk what is wrong with it…

So if nothing is connected to the BMS and you then connect the pack’s terminals to it (no balance connector). You don’t get any kind of color sequence on the Led?

yes, no lights what so ever