FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

Metr CAN PRO sounds like exactly what I need. Projected date?

“I need to find a way to put it in my board, i can’t wait to try it!
(My battery and vesc are in different enclosures and i have to find an elegant way of passing those uart wires)”

Did you figure this out?

1 Like

I meant CAN, have had ppm remotes on the mind a lot lately.

…Where’d you buy it from?

2 Likes

Me lol, I got a few too many from you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I see now.

1 Like

You would need to supply a 5v as well and then you would only be useing a very small % of what metr could do

Nope because it’s rated up to 10A if the charge is higher it will stop the charge for safety reasons

To me it sounds like you need a BT BMS not a CAN try the LLT

Tho this dose bring up a good point @SimosMCmuffin in the future could the Flexi BMS Lite utilise the other port for adding a BT Modual?

@rpasichnyk managed to incorporate 2 BT on the metr app don’t know if the protocols the the LLT used are even possible throu the Flexi.

1 Like

I considered a bluetooth bms, but chose to stick with the Flexi because there isn’t a lot of room in my battery enclosure.

I also figured that UART capability would be figured out in the near future.

Hi Simos, I would like to ask you about Flexibms, can I write here or do you have other preferences?
Thank you

I have the xh13 all ready to plug in. Should I connect battery power leadsnor balance leads first?

Pack first, then balance connector. When disconnecting, do balance first and pack last.

Will you be using the in series or parallel?

Not a good idea if they are not the same model, specially since you already know they are different discharge rates

3 Likes

After my board had a small spark and took things apart, I decided to do some upgrades. Said upgrades have eaten up space now unfortunately though. Impatiently waiting for this bms to become available. :stuck_out_tongue:

First things first, I still fully support this project.

But I have to offer a warning. I replaced my mismatched C rating lipos with matching before doing anything with flexi.

I double and triple checked all my balance leads and battery connections, and tested everything with a multimeter.

Somehow, when I connected to the BMS via micro USB, it burnt out the motherboard on my laptop and the Flexi isn’t turning on anymore.

Stay safe and careful.

Freesk8 app does it

1 Like

Do you have a picture of how you had everything wired up when that happened?

This was how everything was oriented. Teal is series harness and gold is the battery connections to BMS

A little messy looking because I always come behind and clean/seal everything after I get the general setup figured.

1 Like

I don’t see anything obviously wrong with that. Was the Flexi working before you connected it to the computer? Did you get the LED dance when you powered it up?

Also, can we have a picture of the other side of the Flexi to see how the battery connector is soldered on? Just to make sure there’s no solder bridge somewhere.

@SimosMCmuffin, any idea on what might have caused the incident?

1 Like

So I am useing this Fexi BMS on a a 12S 4P 30Q with a 6.7A charger

Spec say I want just under 150mA Charge cut off (x 4P=600mA

So if my cut off cured is 600mA and the bleed resistors is so mutch smaller at 85mA my concern is balancing the pack in time

@SimosMCmuffin dose the balance circuit stay active when a charge voltage detected even if the Charging termination $2 has activated. Obvusly I’m presuming cell drift voltage is still outside the $12 setting