FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

Are first completed boards reserved for us who didn’t make it in the first 25pcs or we should fill up the form again once you make it?

Wow that’s super cool

I’m planning on selling the rest of the batch through my webshop, but I can probably email the form fillers who didn’t make it to the initial 25 boards a link to the store page first ahead of posting a public link, so if they want, they can get their orders in first.

5 Likes

Is it implied that the webshop would be available to US Customers at that point as well?

2 Likes

Great. Please do so.

Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason at the moment why it wouldn’t be available for outside EU-buyers as well.

5 Likes

I put VTC6, 12s6p in the LY Switchblade 40 deck.
I made a simple enclosure with a 3D printer.
Flexi BMS contributes to space saving especially with a single stack battery.
It’s just amazing.

5 Likes

Started assembling bottom sides of boards, but after 24 units (16 yesterday, 8 today), ran out of a particular resistor, so I’ll be taking an inventory today and ordering any low or missing components and getting this build finished this week.

5 Likes

Esk8 using Flexi BMS is completed.
Sony Murata VTC6・12s6p 777.6Wh.
4.152V when fully charged is probably due to the $ 9 default parameter [unit 4180]
But I just use that setting.
There was no problem with charging and running. It is a good BMS that expands the possibilities of esk8 build.

15 Likes

The voltage usually goes down a little after charging stops (aka, resting voltage), so this looks pretty normal especially if you’re still charging with some current (>1A) when the cellTerminationVoltage gets hit.

5 Likes

2pin XH 2.5mm fits if you trim the corner for the resistor that conect to the battery neg terminal

4 Likes

Received mine today ! I’ve never seen such a small bms !
I need to find a way to put it in my board, i can’t wait to try it!
(My battery and vesc are in different enclosures and i have to find an elegant way of passing those uart wires)

1 Like

Are there any open order forms for this? or are they all closed?

Read this.

https://forum.esk8.news/t/flexibms-lite-flexible-configuration-bms-w-can-bus/8801/699?u=eretron

2 Likes

Update.

All boards are assembled (79 units), but are currently waiting for electrical testing. I’m automating the electrical testing process further to optimize the time and reduce the factor of human element from analyzing the test results (more consistent analysis). I have already designed & ordered a custom relay board for it and should have it next week. I’ll be writing some custom tester code meanwhile to a Lite-unit that will act as the master controller for the tester.

Towards the end of the build I also improved the PnP-machine setup further, by making a reel holder for the autofeeders. As you can see it really cleans up the setup and just makes it easier and more convenient to work with. Just used some misc tubes/pipes that I had in my shelves from my RC days. Makes it much nicer to use when you can just plonk in a 5000 ceramic cap reel and then not really have to faf about with it after that.

27 Likes

This is just crazy how you decided and managed to make the whole PCB assembly process yourself :exploding_head:

Looking forward to those babies being tested and shipped :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Side-topic question,
but would you guys be interested in an USB PD compliant powerbank controller?

I’ve been meaning to make a new iteration of my own powerbank controller (charging/discharging, customizable pack size) that would support USB PD (Power Delivery) up to 60W?

https://www.ti.com/product/BQ25792

14 Likes

Is the webshop available for buying the flexiBMS?

The webshop will be available for future purchases.

1 Like

This could be a fun side project.