FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

Ahhhh that explains it. The resistor is there to stop the loop on power off :ok_hand:

When i first set mine up they powered on but would not power off. I swapped out the whole can cable/resistor and it worked like a charm

image1920×949 270 KB
[/quote]

2 Likes

I don’t know if I would be able to solder on a pcb trace (never done one before) would creating a bridge hear work?

You can bridge it that way too

1 Like

think it can work on any vesc that has a built in power switch. afaik it works on new vesc mk3 and stormcore too. just means that you dont need multiple switches for a system with more than one vesc.

1 Like

now I want to know why that works. but we keep derailing here. :smiley:

Because electronics take time to depleat there charge

1 Like

yeah. the resistor I get. how come connecting that 5v line switches the antispark switch on in the second unity. was that by design or accident? why does that work?

I think it’s more of a work around when thay realised something people would want to run 4wd and not have 2 switches

1 Like

Its caused by the “roll to start”. Its designed that when the motors are spun and the system is turned off the voltage generated is fed into 5v line for the processor. As soon as there is enough voltage to start the main processor it boots and if “roll to start” is enabled the processor turns on its own 5v supply to keep it active. This start up 5v pulse can be caused by the motors or by any other external device.

2 Likes

thanks all. my curiosity appreciates you. and sorry for the derail.

Did the back order come in yet? Did the shop get finished?

2 Likes

@SimosMCmuffin Any word on getting these in the States? in the market for a BMS and would prefer to pick up a community one if I can.

3 Likes

Also interested as well. (Located in the states)

1 Like

I’m also in the market for a good BMS to put into 2 or 3 of my boards. @SimosMCmuffin any updates or chances of getting some units in the US?

5 Likes

not in the US but interested as well

Does somebody has an idea how I can connect the Flexi to Metr Pro?

Install the bms, use stl or usb to update firmware, connect metr to uart on vesc, connect bms to canbus on vesc and start charging

5 Likes

And which firmware is the right one? (everything is connected already, just can’t enter the software)

Latest on github, 0.8

2 Likes