First build! | New to esk8 | Parts check

Oh man wish I saw this sooner. Just ordered them. I appreciate the offer though! Cheers dude!

1 Like

Question for you. I think I already know the answer but I just want to double check. Will I get more range from two 5s 8000mah in series or a 10s4p 30Q?

A 10s4p 30q pack is 12k mAh. I’ll leave the math to you :grinning:.

3 Likes

When you add batteries in series, in adds to the total voltage available.

30Q cells are 4.2V fully charged.

Ie. 10s is 42V, 12s is 50.4V, etc.

When you add them in parallel, it keeps the voltage the same but adds to the capacity.

30Q cells are 3 Ah each (or 3000 mAh if you prefer).

Ie. 4p is 12 Ah (12000 mAh), 10p is 30 Ah, etc.

3 Likes

Where did you get your pulleys from? I have the Iwonder wheels and the only pulleys I’m f8nd8ng are like $75 and I’m not loving that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m currently using the Torque Boards Abec pulley, https://diyelectricskateboard.com/collections/drive-wheel-pulleys/products/36t-abec11-drive-wheel-pulley-only

I also have these for sale cause i dont need them.

i also bought a set of iwonder wheels for my sons board and they seem as good as the foamies so far.

@BillGordon - I know it’s been a while but I finally have all the parts. Connected everything up today and followed instructions for Ackmaniac tool. For some reason I can only get 1 motor to spin after completing all the steps. Yes, CAN BUS is connected. Motors spin fine individually but can’t get both to spin at the same time.

2 Likes

Identical lights on both vescs?

send a picture of how you wired it up

Yes. All lights match

1 Like

looks like its wired up alright.
how do you mean motors spin individually?

this is a big nono insulate those wires son

1 Like

So after I’ve followed the steps on how to set up the ESC using the Ackmaniac tool. Step by step. I can only get one motor to spin. But what I did to make sure the other motor even works was set it up as a single ESC. I mentioned that so you guys know that both motors actually work.

1 Like

have you set it up for dual and then run motor detection?

Do I need to insulate the parts if the bullet connector too?

absofuckintootly

no exposed metal anywhere is best

2 Likes

I just did whatever was included in the “how to” with Ackmaniac tool

Yes, for sure.

1 Like