(First Build) LY Evo 36 | 12s2p | Dual 6374 | Dual FocBox v1.6 | TB 110 72A | TB drivetrain

I blame the demon weed and Bodka!

3 Likes

TLDR, is the 12s2p running a discharge bms?

I think it is charge only. Mboards is super vague on their site. Here is the log from when I cutout mid ride which I think can spread some light

@glyphiks do you mind explaining what the duty percentage is? I noticed that each time my battery has cutout, the voltage drops to way below cutoff end around 10-20volts and the duty percentage reaches 100+%.

Duty cycle is explained in the thread I linked above. I have a basic idea of what it is, but Iā€™ll probably mince the explanation. Best check that thread, its god some valuable info.

1 Like

Thank you for saying this

2 Likes

Maybe in the future, I will drill my own truck holes further back and get an angled baseplate. Probably will look a lot cleaner too

My advice would be to ride it until you are happy with the setup

That means trying different bushings,washers and angled rubber risers , fixed baseplates

If everything above fails youā€™ve probably built a board that isnā€™t suitable for you

Donā€™t reach the point of buying adj baseplates :rofl:

2 Likes

From the few precious miles that I get before my battery cuts out, the board rides fantastic. Got new bushings and washers and enough risers to clear the motor mounts. Way better than my boosted board for sure

1 Like

You are also using riptide pivot cups too?

1 Like

Yup. The ones made for TB 218 trucks

1 Like

So since Iā€™ve started this build, Iā€™ve been getting these weird motor noises that I canā€™t seem to find the root of the problem. Iā€™ve checked other threads and no one has this issue. When the motors are free spinning with no wheels and belts attached, they sound fine. However, when the wheels and belts are attached and the motor spins at low speeds, it has this rattling noise on both sides.

Another issue that might be related is when I push full throttle from full stop, the motor makes this whining noise and it persists until i let go of the throttle until the noise it gone and gently accelerate back to top speed. I donā€™t exactly know what is making this noise, it could be the wheels or pulley. Does anyone know what this noise could be from?

soā€¦ do you figure it out what was that noise?

3 Likes