(First Build) LY Evo 36 | 12s2p | Dual 6374 | Dual FocBox v1.6 | TB 110 72A | TB drivetrain

Bought my first eboard earier this year for college campus which was a boosted board stealth. Sold it within a month because it was too slow. Luckily shipping hasnt taken too long and it has only been a month since I started buying parts. Super excited to get this thing running.

Didn’t really like the color since it wouldnt match my whole blue setup so I sanded and spray painted it blue. Then I brushed polyurethane on top of the paint.

Finally received my TB parts and ran into some issues. Maytech 6374 motors have short shaft length. You won’t be able to use motor pulleys with the thick grub screw end part. Unfortunately this makes a pretty noticeable rattling noise because I’m just putting the motor pulley on with just a key and no grub screws. I think I should be fine. But I would recommend for those using this motor and 155mm motor pulley to buy ones without the thick collar part.

Drilling the holes for the enclosure and making them line up with the inserts I drilled into the deck was a nightmare. I now have one insert that is filled with loctite and is stuck in the deck. Got my vescs, motors, and battery and started wiring things up.

It’s bad enough that I’m using a 12s2p battery. Even worse is that it’s from mBoards. :eyes:. Just testing out how I like the range on this and will build my own battery later on. Just waiting on some risers since the 36 inch deck has like no space on the tail with the enclosure and drivetrain. Meanwhile, here are some pics of the board without the enclosure on.

List of Parts

• Evo spectrum 36
  • Eboosted evo 36 enclosure
  • TB dual mechanica kit
  • TB 110 mm 72a
  • Riptide bushings
  • VX1 remote
  • Dual FocBox v1.6
  • Dual Maytech 6374 190kv motors
  • Antispark switch
  • Flipsky bluetooth module
  • MBoards 12s2p battery :cry::cry:
12 Likes

why not get the battery from eboosted aswell since u r already getting an enclosure from him. just curious

ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ᴹᴮᵒᵃʳᵈˢ

6 Likes

Mostly budget issues. I bought the MBoards battery used for $115 so I was like why not for my first build. I will upgrade to a 12s4p in the future though, but I don’t know if it will fit in the enclosure. I agree though, fuck MBoards.

1 Like

If you will accept 10s, I have a basically new 12 Ah pack I am not using anymore, and its rated for 105A… interested?

Depends. How many in parallel?

Also if anyone has any 12s batteries laying around, I would also be interested to buy

10s3p 40T, and I have enough cells to make it 12s along with a 12s BMS (my welder ate shit so I can’t do it but I can include materials so you can)

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2020_Summer

:joy::joy: I just wanted to see if a 2p configuration is enough current output for me. $115 for a test battery aint too bad since I have the plan of getting a better battery anyways

1 Like

What cells does that pack use?

Samsung 30q. I sent u a pm about the 10s3p

1 Like

bux 115 aint bad…

the construction on the mBored packs is suspect at best… as long as you keep an eye on it and don’t push it max discharge and/or on a flexy deck… add a fuse to your charge port and keep an eye on it…

on the ratboard build I’m using an even sketchier battery and going to ask for more powwaa… it may end in fire… but the build deserves to end that way

3 Likes

Batteries aside, the build looks great

6 Likes

Yea, I dont plan on abusing this battery and setting it on fire :joy::joy:

1 Like

run sensible settings in a non-flexy deck and you’ll be fine…

(we’ll never mention I said this again, ok…)

1 Like

Also just tried out the stormcore app. That app is beautiful. I wasted $8 on two other apps that didnt work…

2 Likes

you’re welcome… thank @sofu… she is the dev/architect of the app!

2 Likes

Check the DRI thread if you might be thinking of going PCB battery build.

2 Likes

Beautiful paint job; looks really good with the blue on the sides. I hope you enjoy it when it’s done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

while your board is down… check out kenny’s build here…

he redrilled the rear truck mounts, moved them aft, that way you can get rid of those goofey risers…

good luck, buddy

1 Like