Board shutting off mid ride HELP PLEASE

So I was riding along on my first ride with my board and it shut off leaving me cruising without being able to stop. Luckily I was just outside my house going slow. I checked my power button and it wouldn’t work. I opened up my board unplugged my anti-spark switch and replugged it and the board turned on. Rode again and the same thing happened. Luckily I caught the fault error through the stormcore app and this is what it told me

Does anyone know what is wrong with my board?

1 Like

Nevermind, these errors were thrown after the board had shut off, not right before. So these errors are probably because the app was not reading any voltage and current outputs.

1 Like

I am still having issues with the board shutting off so if anyone has any advice, don’t mind throwing them this way.

Probably a good idea to at least post details on what you were riding eg. battery specs, controller, model antispark, etc…

1 Like

Im using a 12s2p battery, vx1 remote, and some random antispark I bought off of ebay. The other parts are listed on my post right here (First Build) LY Evo 36 | 12s2p | Dual 6374 | Dual FocBox v1.6 | TB 110 72A | TB drivetrain . I went out for multiple rides and it seems to shut off everytime I go up the same steep hill at full throttle.

I’m no expert by any means - but can you bypass this ‘random’ antispark you bought off Ebay to rule that out as an issue?

Did you solder bullet connectors or anything else to this build? Any cold joints or shorts?

1 Like

Is it safe to plug in the battery directly to the esc?

I think all the connections are solid

I’m no expert but mBoreds batteries are crap… crappy construction, and crappy BMS’s… crappy customer service

3 Likes

You probably want an antispark or loopkey to prevent damage to your ESC from a spark on initial connection - But @kook may be onto the real issue here with the Mboards battery as well…

2 Likes

yup…

OP your post is too convoluted to follow coherently… but I’d almost bet your crappy mBoards BMS is limited to maybe 30amps+/- total output

3 Likes

I guess I’ll just buy a new battery now haha.

that may or may NOT be the problem… NOW, but it eventually will be… If’n. I were you I’d set conservative VESC settings, take out anti-spark, add loop key and go test…

3 Likes

Ah, found your thread.

It’s better to keep one, dedicated thread to your problem where people come to help with your problem and discuss.

The noob thread is good but it gets crowded way too fast.

When you advance/have any news about this problem tag me here

1 Like

Will do. Thanks a lot man!

1 Like

Hills is where the battery will be stressed. On a 2P, probably big voltage sag, and the BMS cuts off before the VESC low voltage management system can kick in.
Try to put a more conservative max batt current, in line with your battery capabilities. Start with something like 20A max. That’ll cripple your top speed, but on the bright side, it’s less likely to shut off. Tweak your way up carefully.

2 Likes