Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Hi Guys.

I followed the instructions for setting up BLDC from the tool and my values are as follows.

I was just checking that these seem acceptable. There’s no stuttering on my 6384’s unloaded but obviously when I stand on it there’s quite a bit. I didn’t want to up the current too much more and couldn’t really notice the ERPM making a difference. Would anyone be able to clarify how it makes a difference because the instructions seeped through my pea brain.

So motor diameter 63mm is ok?

Are you detecting on a 6384?

Try I = 12A, ω = 300erpm, D = 0.15

1 Like

Yeah I am, will try that in a min :+1:

1 Like

If that doesn’t work, try increasing D a little bit and if it still doesn’t work, raise all three of them by 15%

1 Like

I was wondering if someone could take a look at one of the problems I am having with some motor noises that I can’t diagnose. It’s in my build thread in the link above. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I might be posting about the loud whining noise I talked about later on today

Thx…Yes I’m using speed rings to get the inside spacing right. I think I have it sorted out now. I assumed they needed to be as tight as I could get it.

2 Likes

@jonisingt35r read your pm will ya? :wink:

the first thing I did was removed my belts to see if the noise is still there…if so isolate the motor thats making the noise and open it up…I’m sorta still a noob maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

1 Like

Thx man. I took off the wheels and belts and the motor doesnt make any of the noises i mentioned so I dont think it is the motor. However, it could be the combination of the pulley and motor together making that noise idk. How hard was it to open up your motors. I see that you are using maytechs as well?

1 Like

Anyone in the Bay area who would apply glass frit for a fee? For TB40 deck.

1 Like

can anyone tell me what these connectors are called and where i can find the opposite ends? I think they’re bullet connectors but i haven’t found some online that look like these. Thanks!

You are correct, they are bullet connectors. Do you have calipers or a way to measure the bullet diameter so you can order the right size?

1 Like

How you know for sure? You stalk his build all ninja like?

1 Like

@cocopufz
6mm bullet connectors i think, check the diameter

1 Like

Ok, i’ve got a caliper i’ll measure them. Thank you!

By software for you mean 4.12?

When the brake works it’s smooth.

When it doesn’t work it simply does nothing when I pull the lever back to break. No response.

What do you mean with flaky remote?

Grab the motor by both ends of the shaft and try to wiggle it around. Both along the shaft and laterally. If it makes any sound and/or feel movement it’s the motor. Otherwise the pulley may rub on the plastic wheel core, especially if it’s bolt on or a tight press fit.

1 Like

They are 5.5mm bullet connectors.

A fantastic procedure is to cut them off and solder an Amass MR60 on there (the female side, with the holes) and then epoxy the male MR60 (with the pins) into into the side of your enclosure, going through it.

Yes, most if not all 63mm motors will fit that pattern.

If you’re not sure, you can look on the sale page for a measurement, or contact the seller.

1 Like