(First Build) LY Evo 36 | 12s2p | Dual 6374 | Dual FocBox v1.6 | TB 110 72A | TB drivetrain

how many amps are you throwing at each BoxOfFoc?

Lol. 15amps each side -7.5 regen. 60 amps motor max. -60 amps motor max brake.

1 Like

there may in-lie your problemā€¦ how long you wanna throw 120amps total 60 a side thru a 2p or 3p batteryā€¦

and I donā€™t have the specsā€¦ but Iā€™m thinkinā€™ 60amps on a boxOfFoxes may be living on the edgeā€¦

1 Like

Does motor max 60a mean that I am constantly drawing 60 amps from the battery? I thought it just meant that the amount of current passed to the motors is not alowed to exceed 60 amps.

you cannot draw more amps than the battery (and BMS) will allowā€¦ but somehow your conundrum of sagging 10 volts on an uphill pull and cut-outs are starting to come to the surfaceā€¦

2 Likes

Ohh okay. These are my settings

What should I safely set these to?

1 Like

honestlyā€¦ I feel those settings are fineā€¦

IMHO the battery pack just canā€™t support the amp drawā€¦

a low P-group battery will sag moreā€¦ mBoreds batteries are fukkedā€¦ and a failed P-group can lead to your problemsā€¦
a 10s3p pack will leave you in almost virtually the same spotā€¦ low amp continuous draw

Iā€™d get more P-groups or higher amp draw batteriesā€¦

but Iā€™m a k00kā€¦

1 Like

Yea I think the motor max current is alright sonce @b264 had safely suggested these values. Iā€™ll just go ahead and buy myself a more professionally made battery

1 Like

psa warning

My answers are ā€œalmost alwaysā€ more reliable around noon-time

4 Likes

:joy::joy: Haha

1 Like

sometimes maths are hard late in the evening!

1 Like

Iā€¦ā€œalmost alwaysā€ have to unfukmyself in the morning when I think clever shit late at niteā€¦

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That build is lovely. 12s4p is where you need to be.
Minimum. Nice details on the finish.
Love me an evo.

As for batteries. Multiply voltage by amps to get watts.
12s2p 30q is a max 40 amp battery so 42 x40 =1680
10s3p 40t is a max 45 amp battery so 36 x 45 =1620

12s wins. Although the 40 t will give you better range than the 30q but as you will be pushing it hard er then maybe not.

2 Likes

Cant a 10s3p output 75 amps max? I heard that you can only safely run it at 25 amps per cell even though it is rated at 35 amps per cell.

Motor max is very different from battery max you fuckin k00k. 15 battery amps and 60 motor amps per side will be fine.

Have a read in here. Battery Amps, Motor Amps and Duty Cycle... Please Explain

@kcheng5 donā€™t mind Daddy @Dareno, heā€™s been drinking. 10s3p 40T will happily do 75a total.

Fuck me, the misinformation in here is rife.

4 Likes

Haha, seems like everyone is getting crazy during the night. Thanks for clearing things up mate.

2 Likes

I think I might have found out why my board is shutting off. I found where the switch I bought off of ebay was sourced from ā€¦ Itā€™s from maytech for $18.90 and the guy sold it to me for $70 :angry: . Anyways, it is rated for 50V so could it be that when I throttle to 100%, maybe the voltage exceeds 50V for a split second and then shuts the board off?

Not saying the switch isnā€™t a piece of shit, but doubt thatā€™s your problem. Voltage drops when you throttle and amps go up. The lower number of cells in parallel and the shittier the cells, the more youā€™ll see it sag. The most being at full throttle up hill. Hence, why everyone immediately jumped on sag vs voltage cutoffs as your issue.

1 Like

Thanks Alā€¦

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Sorry @kcheng5. Got my cells mixed up due to alcoholism.
12s is still better thoā€¦

4 Likes