First Build - Lacroix Deck || 12s5p 40T || Dual Focbox || Torque Boards 6380 170 KV || Neptune 15 BMS||

Hi all,

So after researching and changing my mind about 100 times on what my first build will be, it finally came down to a DIY Lacroix! :slight_smile:

I would love your input and experience as you guys have built tons and are always helping newbies in this great community of Esk8.

Component List:

1. Deck and Enclosure from Lacroix.

2. Wheels and trucks = MBS Pro 2 and MBS Pro 2 Hubs with 7 inch Innova Inline tires

3, Battery = 12S5P Samsung 40T cells built - 150Amps output, and 20AH total capacity.

4.Motors = Torque Boards 170 KV 6380

5. ESC = Dual Focbox legacy

6. Mounts and pulleys = Ordered from @e.board_solutions :https://electricboardsolutions.com/products/dual-mount-for-mbs-matrix-ii?variant=14929704779811

7. Remote = Avio Mod Mini Rc from @nuttyjeff

8. Motor Pulley and wheel pulley = 18/68

9. Belts = 15 MM , 415 MM HTDM5

10. BMS = Speedict Neptune 15

11. Anti Spark Switch = ?? not sure…

12. Charger = ?? not sure…

If there is anything i can improve/change to make it better please let me know.

Thank you!

11 Likes

UPDATE:mounts and pulleys just arrived from @e.board_solutions,

They are thicc! and very well made! I have to say, customer service was great and the pre-order arrived even earlier than expected, which does not happen much in Esk8 world…

11 Likes

Those trucks make those motors look tiny in comparison. Crazy.

4 Likes

Mate you will see in reality those motors are huge, the normal 6374’s on the original Lacroix looked tiny, this at least looks like something is there hahah

3 Likes

Update #2: The BMS has arrived.

Neptune 15, can balance charge, fast charge, and check each P group voltage via bluetooth.

Though the switch provided with it is tiny, i may have to convert it to an LED E - Switch.

SWITCH

4 Likes

How’s the size is that BMS?

3 Likes

Its very small mate, can fit in the palm of your hand, and has a ton of features. Best thing i like about it is logging of your charge cycles and battery health.

1 Like

Wow no kidding, its sub 3 inches^2
Im assuming you dont intend to discharge from it, given the 150a theoretical drain from your battery, which speaking of, will a 12s 5p of 40T’s even fit in the Lacroix?

2 Likes

Yea BMS will be for charge only mate, and will be running an E - switch from the BMS switch port, no need for antispark.

Batteries : 12s5p will fit, but there will be 10 cells in the ESC compartment, so my dual Foc boxes will be a very tight fit with the BMS included, so that is why i chose a smaller type BMS.

2 Likes

Wel boy-oh-boy im excited for you, this looks like it’ll be a hell of a board, mate. Glad to see youve thought it out well and done your research. Looking forward to progress!

3 Likes

You are clearly not fucking around. Should be a beast.

3 Likes

A few questions i need help with please,

What charge port and connector would you guys recommend?

What charger would you recommend? Battery will be 12S, 20,000MAH.

Thanks

1 Like

Update #3: Batteries arrived

Got them from @TinnieSinker , dude is a legend!!

1 Like

Update #5: Batteries being built

12S5P of 40T cells are being built by @tony_stark (username from esk8 forum) , dude is a straight up legend, just look at how clean the welds are all done by hand!

6 Likes

Some more pictures, belts arrived etc…

5 Likes

Custom Avio Mini RC remote mod by @avX arrived also!

The throttle range on this is awesome, build quality is fantastic well worth it!

3 Likes

This looks soooo sick. The tires fit perfectly along with the deck. Speaking of the deck, where does one get a lacroix deck? I assume they are not being sold separately

Also, 12S with 150A output. You will be fucking flying with that amount of power :smiley:

1 Like

Right now they are not being sold anymore. Maybe contact @Arch directly

1 Like

I see. Where dig you get yours @Eskate444

1 Like

Thanks dude, got mine from an Esk8 builder member directly as he changed his mind about the build and was selling along with the trucks.

1 Like