First build...ever! (NYAKIM 1)

Btw I have a similar set up I’m building. I have a 44 on order from Jaime, I have the red Surfrodz and i plan on making the biggest single stack battery i can fit in the board. I am going with TB110s and the drive train is a bit of an secret for now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anything from sender is top notch

3 Likes

thx bruh. I put about a year worth of research in before i started buying parts. Yeah I’m sold on the 60t. many have suggested that.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong if you already have the set up then go ahead and try it out maybe you like it and it works for you.

1 Like

gonna hit him up for an enclosure. I’ll save this one for my second build. :grin:

i will try it but hey belts and pulleys are about 50 bucks. I like options. :grin:

1 Like

While you’re at it you should have him customize a design for you if you’re into that sort of thing. He’s working on my Haya soon. You can see some of his work here;

1 Like

@sender will transform whatever enclosure you have into a thing worthy of that deck. If you want to use a fibreglass unit which is far superior to abs then @BigBen can help out on that score.

Killer first build with the right amount of research and development. You should be proud of yourself my friend. Wonderful stuff.

5 Likes

thx…that looks amazing. Yeh I’m gonna definitely hit him up

1 Like

thx bruh. That means a lot coming from you guys on this forum. I was so worried it was not gonna be good enough…so I did tons of research and this is what I came up with. Still lots of room for improvement. you know I’d like to keep this enclosure and maybe get it done in red/black carbon fiber. Jamie had a really nice one on his deck in Nevada.

4 Likes

That shows and trust me it will be good enough! Its a proper one. The only thing now to do is to make it your own with some nice custom touches such as the enclosure. Tim will help you no end on that score. One build note though is to make sure that everything you install is as free as you can make it from vibration. When you come to start assembly then hit me up for some tips.
If you plan on all weather riding then @b264 is the man to hassle. Good luck.

4 Likes

It shows you have done your research. I’m in the process of my first build as well and spent a considerable amount of time on the forums learning before I bought or asked any questions. That kind of thinking will get you far here because everyone else has done just this. There are a ton of experienced builders here who make custom gear that blows away pretty much most pre built boards. Plus when it comes together on that maiden ride with something that YOU built…I doubt there’s a better feeling. Look forward to seeing the final.

3 Likes

thx…will do. so many options I’m not sure what I want. :grin:

1 Like

Finally got up enough courage to plug this battery in. The spark terrifies me. Lol. But the Unity has anti spark, right? I was able to do motor detection and quick setup last night. Tonight I plan to study what every setting is all about so more late night reading and videos. What I find interesting is the max battery and then theres a max motor setting. That is very interesting/confusing I’m super stoked to dig in tonight.

2 Likes

I’m having such a hard time with this enclosure. Nothing is wrong I just don’t know where and how many screws to put In. I’m mounting everything to the deck so it’s just a cover. Still I’ve read Psychotiller’s thread on mounting enclosures 100 times. I think I’m just afraid of drilling into this beautiful deck. My drill arrives tmr I gotta figure this out.

1 Like

If I have the clearance I want to do this. Any suggestions…?

1 Like

Buy a shoulder-less motor pulley from Jared and do whatever you like. Those ones are shit :+1:

1 Like

thx much…how tight should I tighten the motor screws?

They are threaded into aluminum, so don’t make them too tight. Tight but don’t strip the aluminum threads. Use a small amount of Loctite 290 on the threads of each one to secure them so they don’t come loose. Remember to wait 24 hours while the loctite cures before you shred the gnar.

2 Likes

thx much… I have 243 loctite, the 290 is the red, correct?