Favorite safety gear?

What is your favorite bit of safety gear? For me it’s my bio boards fire dry led back pack.

3 Likes

My lazyrolling hoodie (RiP Daniel) has been one of the best things. Only major injuries I’ve had in it has been my wrist and ankles. Even the v1 pads are decent.

That is LR armored reflective jacket is a close second for me too

1 Like

My leatt knee/shin guards are my favorite.

Took a hard fall at 30mph and my knees are the only part of me that went unscathed

4 Likes

The XBoard v1 gloves @XBoard are awesome when using my puck remote. Use em every time I ride my mtb

Triple8 Racer Helmet

Also the XBoard Protective shirt / jacket are good too but can only wear in the cooler times

I have a tsg half shell that’s great too. Also just got some Fox shinguards but haven’t gotten to use em yet

4 Likes

Seconding Leatt’s jointed knee pads. So easy to take on and off and great protection. Wayyyy easier to put on than conventional pads that you have to Velcro every time.

2 Likes

My favorite safety gear are my helmets. I literally won’t stand on a board without one of them. They’ve saved my dome on a number of occasions.

6 Likes

How does the triple 8 racer compare to the tsg pass?

1 Like

I feel the pass is better, the issu with the 8 is it feels like it could come off in a crash, that said I crashed mine 8

at 30 mph in April. Broke 5 ribs, my rhumb(hillbilly wrist/glove guards saved my wrist. Now I wear my motorcycle helmet

8 Likes

Words to live by

2 Likes

Honestly no idea I’ve never worn a pass

Maybe an issue with yours but mine definitely isn’t coming off, just depends on your head size I think

1 Like

Holy balls man are you ok?? How did you breath with 5 broken ribs fuck that must’ve been painful

2 Likes

What sucked was needing the dogs help to get off the couch,picture a turtle,stuck on its back.

1 Like

Well it didn’t come off so I was wrong, still rocking snell approved MC helmet from now on

2 Likes

I was in a daze, got back on and rode 1/2 mile, decided the stars should not be out,or popping,or red

1 Like

Oh I got a bruise too, but my girlfriend assured me I was being a sissy about nothing. To answer the inevitable, I think I was sideswiped by a car

This pic
I had some lost time(memory) I was riding, then I was auto pilot getting back on the board,the fireworks in my head seemed like they wanted me to call an Uber.
When I fall I get up quickly, don’t act hurt, won’t be hurt.

8 Likes

Ouch that’s rough man, stay safe out there! Not much you can do to protect ribs I suppose tho, similar story as with ankles =/

2 Likes

Demon Podium Helmet

@LAZYROLLING armored casual pants

@XBoard V2 gloves

This jacket I got for Christmas.

More of a review here:

4 Likes

I was like that this summer when I wrecked I couldn’t even open a milk jug my wrists were so jacked. 32 mph had my helmet on and that was the only thing that didn’t touch pavement lol

I guess all the milk helped my bones I didn’t break anything luckily

1 Like

LazyRolling hoodie, TSG Pass, Flatland 3d gloves –

The gloves alone have to be the best purchase. Saved my wrists multiple times and have help up for multiple falls.