Favorite safety gear?

TSG pass, TSG DHP, flatland3d classic gloves, foxracing elbow guards

that’s all i have, so they will be my favourite :joy:

Slide gloves are hands down the most versatile of the hand/wrist protectors I own. They protect the fingertips, have better scaphoid protection than the Knox things since the pucks are both wider and super slippery, they’re made of durable materials since they’re designed to handle repeated road abrasion, and you can do slides with them. It doesn’t get in the way of my remotes either, but the only remotes I have are Hobbywing/LY/VX1 shaped so not much variety there.

Plus they glow in the dark which is always a bonus.

4 Likes

I’ve been wearing my @XBoard armored shirt and jacket as of recently. The XBoard gloves are pretty damn good as well. TSG Pass to protect the already damaged head lol

1 Like

I see guys wearing half helmets on esk8s, how many of you do this?
I watch Josh Neumann ride with whatn9 consider nothing,crash and do this bridge thing (he puts hands down, lifts body into an arch,gets up NBD)
I know how to crash a race bike,sometimes,but I usually end u face down. If I had all my crash helmets on a wall of shame only 1 would have damage on the back. Most look like this

Before someone says I suck, I know, that’s not my question. How many of you ride open face? Do you wear goggles? Go slow (my eyes water,yes I ride with a purse)? I cringe when I see a 40mph board with a half helmet.

3 Likes

Holy shit ! I am allowed to edit my shit typing now? The gods of confusion will be pissed!

EDIT: ha! I’m a lot more excited about this than someone of my years should be !!

via GIPHY

EDIT 2 : I’m NOT fixing my old posts, I don’t want newer people to miss out on knowing I’m in the 90 percentage mark for 8th grade spelling and grammar.

EDIT 3: hehe, still works I’m like a cat with a bit of sting, so simple ,yet makes me so happy

2 Likes

I usually wear an S1 Retro Lifer

Not usually, only if super cold or if it’s buggy.

I usually ride under 30mph (48km/h) but never exceed 40mph (64km/h)

2 Likes

I ride with a half helmet for recording sometimes so I can see my face to sync my audio, but usually for those videos I don’t go over 25mph

For these situations though I wear sunglasses

Any time when I’m planning to go over 30 or ride on very busy streets I put on the full face

1 Like

Showing my age?

I seem to like to crash face first, lead with something that’s not too important I guess?

https://a.co/d/7ZD2Mxg

just ordered these… reflective!

2 Likes

Glad I got hit by a car while wearing a DOT helmet. Not sure how the TSG Pass CF or Bell Super 3R would’ve held up to a 6 lane flight. I woke up in the middle of the slide. Definitely had a WTF is going on moment.

4 Likes

Woah, you ok dude?

I am now…3 years later. Just a broken leg, the helmet, armored jacket and wrist guard protected everything else. First year of recovery sucked, most of the 2nd year I still had a slight limp. I had to actively think about walking normal to stop limping after doing it so long. Now it aches a tiny bit (like day after hard workout kinda ache) when it’s cold.

My dumbass decided to ride a CF deck on my first time back on a board. The vibration sucked!

4 Likes

I picked up a Troy Lee Designs Stage helmet and I’m loving it so far. Super duper lightweight, great visibility. Has a nice Fidlock buckle. I added some 3M 7310 reflective bits to the back/sides because why not.

2 Likes

I agree, and im glad you are ok. I got an awful concussion wearing a PASS sk8 helmet. the expensive snell rated mc helmet I wear now is the same one I have crash tested to 138 mph( track day I hit an oil slick at my brake marker, was toped out in 6th gear) I supermanned over the bars, broke both hands and pinkies, smashed my chin in to the track and bounced 150 ’ till I hit the grass. I did crack the chin bar but I was ok,well except for the broken hands thing.
I am a very experienced crasher(do what your good at) my experience is 70 % of the time I hit my chin or the side of the visor. I wouldn’t wear a half helmet any more than id sk8 with my bare ass showing. I will say I am well hmm… reckless? im not sure the correct terms I dont have a health fear of crashing IF I have the best gear I can find.

found it, this pic is famous in the family ! talk about pissing my wife off,13 years after our divorce she still talks about me breaking both hands !

3 Likes

My favorites are icon airflite, lazyrolling jacket with the ce 2 pads, leatt kneepads, moto gloves, backpack

Have to side with the mother of your children though. I do a lot less stupid stuff after having the kid. I’m but a shell of my former self :cry:

1 Like

well im wating for shoulder replacement now and cant sleep and arthritis is catching up with me. I initially gave up motorcycles after this, but I got divorced at 38 and I work construction some times im damed far away, i got another bike so I could get home to get the kids every Friday. Then a drunk wiped me out at 4 am. again helmet and kevlar jeans, pads,external knee/shin guards saved me. But I broke my shoulder and wore through the plastic guards,the pads, the jeans and my I phone, but I was spared road rash. so I gave them up for good .

AND got a safe hobby Esk8…yeah yeah I know im not that bright I’ve had 14 concussions what can I say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

take care of your body, you might live longer than you think. I never wore head gear sparing, because it was frowned on. now I cant spar. BUT my kids will pull and AWSOME pile of metal out of my ashes, once I get the shoulder, it will be hefty. at present I think I have 14 screws 3 rods,4 p shaped plates,im sure im forgetting something. the worst injuries pain wise are road rash, no contest BECAUSE the nurse WILL scrub that wound with a stiff brush and betadiene to get the debris out, she will NOT BE GENTILE OR CARE ABOUT YOU SCREAMING :hot_face:

1 Like

I guess I should say since I started this thread now I wear either a leather suit or textile areostich suit AND bohn level 2 lower armor and hip pads upgraded to level 6(I had a bad cyst from crash on,dont ask for picks, picture the largest grapefruit under my hip skin) hillbilly wrist/glove combos,These cause more broken fingers but I cant ever break my left wrist again(iron man) I also have a Leat armored shirt AND a fox back protector. Now I know this is a lot and it is, but I got to this point laying on the road saying"we have to give this up" then “what if we add this safety feature?” inflatable sumo suit is next

2 Likes

it’s a little pricey but it did its job pretty well.
onsra jacket

i also lave the leatt knee guards. they’re super comfortable and most importantly, will protect your knees (was wearing at the same time as the above)

bionic jackets are pretty good but they restrict your movement to a degree so try one on in a store.

i need to get new gloves, i had the onsra ones (without the wrist guard) and they’re pretty good. had a sedan cut me off in seattle (ended up hitting the ground and running into their back bumper) and had no injuries to my wrist and the small palm sliders worked. had minor scuffs to the artificial leather.

for helmet, i was gonna grab a scorpion covert fx but d they didn’t fit my glasses well so i got a sedici duale instead. helmet fits nice, doesn’t feel heavy and doesn’t get thrown around in the wind at speeds. if you don’t have glasses tho, i’d probably go with the scorpion. i personally think that everyone should wear a full face helmet, especially if you’re a speed demon. (motocross style with goggles works too if you need more airflow)

1 Like