Everything that makes your ride safe

That or a torn belt, suddenly appearing cars, stupid cyclists, a kid with a ball, a dog which is completely docile but all of a sudden runs at your board like crazy, an invisible dip in the road etc. pp. ad nauseam.
You never know what can happen.
I always dress for the crash, i’ve had my fair share of bruises and road rash, sleepless nights because of joint paint etc.

6 Likes

A truck snaps underneath your feet…

Preliminary 3 minute board check is mandatory now. I check my tires’ inflation, bushing slop, axle nuts, and the basic ride feel before I punch it.

IF SOMETHING FEELS OR SOUNDS ODD/WEIRD/SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT, STOP AND FIGURE IT OUT.

DO NOT KEEP RIDING!

Other than that, they’re just so damn fun

6 Likes

thanks for that last sentence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check this out! As I was shopping for helmets I thought to myself, “I really hate being able to see…I wonder if they make modular helmets with mesh across the eye holes!” Thank god they do!

7 Likes

What’s the consensus on lazy rolling hoodie shrinking or not in the wash? My new hoodie is borderline too small and deciding if I need to exchange it or not. Will probably keep it if it wouldnt shrink too much

Got a new padded motorcycle jacket for Christmas and wanted to do a quick review as I like it quite a bit:

I had a padded motorcycle jacket I got last year for Christmas that was great but a bit snug. No big deal, I wore it unzipped for the back and elbow protection mostly anyway. The air flow is great and it has stood up phenomenally. My biggest complaint by far is that it looked like a damn crop top. I guess it was so that you can loop a belt in to it so it doesn’t ride up if you slide on your back. I appreciate that but needed something longer.

In comes this guy.

I picked it off the photo because it didn’t look like a crop top and… success! It fits as expected, the pads are in the right places, it has a neoprene neckline so no annoying helmet rubbing, reflective parts that don’t look obnoxious, adjustable waist and wrist cuffs are nice, tons of pockets, but still feels very natural.

The best part though is that it has a removable thermal liner that does a solid job. I rode with it in 45°F weather and it kept me warm. I removed the liner the next day when it was 65°F and actually got a bit chilly.

Large is currently out of stock but for $65, I definitely recommend.

11 Likes

That’s not a helmet, that’s an airsoft mask. And a pretty shitty one at that.

1 Like

Anyone have goggle recommendations?

I’ve got a downhill mountain bike helmet (Smith Mainline - love it) that requires goggles / no visor.

I’m not trying to break the bank, but it would nice to have something in my bag in case of bugs/dirt/sun.

I’ve heard good things about Fox and 100%

1 Like

Another possibility would be motorcycle sunglasses, the type with foam behind them

2 Likes

These guys are the real deal. Individually wrapped so I can keep a few in a backpack on rides.

6 Likes

Haha caffeine to keep the post-stack high going :rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s awesome

3 Likes

I’m looking for the best elbow /foreman pads available.I did search and read.

I want something almost like my knee guards, which I’m also upgrading,so I’ll be selling both . I plan to wear my motorcycle leathers that are being rebuilt to replace a sleeve,and straighten the legs a bit. But they are not always an option, though perforated they get hot and I look like a tard in them ( I care deeply about the opinions of strangers I will never meet, I so badly want to be cool) .
Sometimes a 1 piece leather suit is just not practical,unfortunately. I’ve started to make cool esk8 friends somehow(this won’t last,there is a reason I don’t have fiends besides me devoting my all my weekends since 2011 to superdad Kung fu)
I’m going to buy these knee guards, Acerbis Impact EVO Knee/Shin Guards | MotoSport
I can’t find an elbow version, I’m considering just buying these in small and use them on my arms. Opinions are invited, I already know I’m retarded ,so stating the obvious isn’t needed. Price for safety is not a factor.
The company I originally got my leathers from is in Australia,but the suits come from Pakistan, they say if they can’t repair they will replace them they look like this ,but the only words is my last name on my ass like a tramp stamp Aprilia Motorcycle Racing Suit Men Genuine Leather Motorbike Sports Jacket Suit
Yes I’ll look stupid, no I don’t care , I’m primarily riding at night alone. I wear a fox MX hard/soft armored shirt under a LR reflective jacket when I’m not wearing cow. I’m looking to switch this up because it’s fine but doesn’t slide well with the hard armor inside.
I am 48 and so many crashes and metal bits there is good reason for the overkill with respect to protection,I’m sure I’m in the minority in this regard. Thanks for any help .

4 Likes

Sometimes going full MotoGP/Mx is not the best choice for esk8.
I have a set of POD K4 knee braces I use riding enduro but their impact protection on the knee cap is inferior to my TSG DHP sk8 knee pads.

I just got these for 55 shipped on close out, I really like them

6 Likes

I want something similar for elbow, they don’t come in small or kids size or I’d try to use these on my arms

1 Like

What are these knee and elbowpads called. They are pretty soft, but gets hard at impact?
(oh god. that sounded terrible)

Sounds like matrix g form

1 Like

that’s generally called viscoelastic armor. g-form is the big name in athletics and d3o is moto

2 Likes

Any experience with these?

Great for smooth hard surfaces and low speed. Super comfy for the bike park or skate park.

The sleeve ones tend to slide up when hitting tougher terrain or faster.

1 Like