Favorite safety gear?

What sucked was needing the dogs help to get off the couch,picture a turtle,stuck on its back.

1 Like

Well it didn’t come off so I was wrong, still rocking snell approved MC helmet from now on

2 Likes

I was in a daze, got back on and rode 1/2 mile, decided the stars should not be out,or popping,or red

1 Like

Oh I got a bruise too, but my girlfriend assured me I was being a sissy about nothing. To answer the inevitable, I think I was sideswiped by a car

This pic
I had some lost time(memory) I was riding, then I was auto pilot getting back on the board,the fireworks in my head seemed like they wanted me to call an Uber.
When I fall I get up quickly, don’t act hurt, won’t be hurt.

10 Likes

Ouch that’s rough man, stay safe out there! Not much you can do to protect ribs I suppose tho, similar story as with ankles =/

2 Likes

Demon Podium Helmet

@LAZYROLLING armored casual pants

@XBoard V2 gloves

This jacket I got for Christmas.

More of a review here:

4 Likes

I was like that this summer when I wrecked I couldn’t even open a milk jug my wrists were so jacked. 32 mph had my helmet on and that was the only thing that didn’t touch pavement lol

I guess all the milk helped my bones I didn’t break anything luckily

1 Like

LazyRolling hoodie, TSG Pass, Flatland 3d gloves –

The gloves alone have to be the best purchase. Saved my wrists multiple times and have help up for multiple falls.

TSG pass, TSG DHP, flatland3d classic gloves, foxracing elbow guards

that’s all i have, so they will be my favourite :joy:

Slide gloves are hands down the most versatile of the hand/wrist protectors I own. They protect the fingertips, have better scaphoid protection than the Knox things since the pucks are both wider and super slippery, they’re made of durable materials since they’re designed to handle repeated road abrasion, and you can do slides with them. It doesn’t get in the way of my remotes either, but the only remotes I have are Hobbywing/LY/VX1 shaped so not much variety there.

Plus they glow in the dark which is always a bonus.

4 Likes

I’ve been wearing my @XBoard armored shirt and jacket as of recently. The XBoard gloves are pretty damn good as well. TSG Pass to protect the already damaged head lol

1 Like

I see guys wearing half helmets on esk8s, how many of you do this?
I watch Josh Neumann ride with whatn9 consider nothing,crash and do this bridge thing (he puts hands down, lifts body into an arch,gets up NBD)
I know how to crash a race bike,sometimes,but I usually end u face down. If I had all my crash helmets on a wall of shame only 1 would have damage on the back. Most look like this

Before someone says I suck, I know, that’s not my question. How many of you ride open face? Do you wear goggles? Go slow (my eyes water,yes I ride with a purse)? I cringe when I see a 40mph board with a half helmet.

3 Likes

Holy shit ! I am allowed to edit my shit typing now? The gods of confusion will be pissed!

EDIT: ha! I’m a lot more excited about this than someone of my years should be !!

via GIPHY

EDIT 2 : I’m NOT fixing my old posts, I don’t want newer people to miss out on knowing I’m in the 90 percentage mark for 8th grade spelling and grammar.

EDIT 3: hehe, still works I’m like a cat with a bit of sting, so simple ,yet makes me so happy

2 Likes

I usually wear an S1 Retro Lifer

Not usually, only if super cold or if it’s buggy.

I usually ride under 30mph (48km/h) but never exceed 40mph (64km/h)

2 Likes

I ride with a half helmet for recording sometimes so I can see my face to sync my audio, but usually for those videos I don’t go over 25mph

For these situations though I wear sunglasses

Any time when I’m planning to go over 30 or ride on very busy streets I put on the full face

1 Like

Showing my age?

I seem to like to crash face first, lead with something that’s not too important I guess?

https://a.co/d/7ZD2Mxg

just ordered these… reflective!

2 Likes

Glad I got hit by a car while wearing a DOT helmet. Not sure how the TSG Pass CF or Bell Super 3R would’ve held up to a 6 lane flight. I woke up in the middle of the slide. Definitely had a WTF is going on moment.

4 Likes

Woah, you ok dude?