Fast Board Prototype

It’s like you riding and then 2 of you riding, will be double right? Not exactly cause we are counting in the second board’s weight and motors losses etc… but generally almost double. Gearing is logical too, that’s physics, If you double the gearing, the motor can spin twice as fast but will have to work twice as hard to reach it.

Have you ever ridden an e-skate at vast speeds and accelerating in a tuck? :slight_smile: You can’t be comparing downhill riding with eskate riding. You don’t ride in a tuck unless you are not using your throttle. You must be in “neutral” so going downhill like on a regular board…

My 4000lb electric car cruising @ 105 kph gets 109wh per km. Flat ground.
We use 600wh packs and race uphill 5-9% grade at over 80kph. Typically on a 2.4 kilometer course we can make 4-5 runs before worrying about charging.
80wh per mile (60wh per kilometer) is typical.

7 Likes

Can’t be really comparing this… My consumption is 25 wh/km and yours with a 4000 lb car is only not even 3 times more… Incomparable A friend of mine gets to 35 wh/km when riding with gearing set to a little over 60 km/h. These are real numbers for an eskate with a regular weight person.

Hell no, I’d never claim to do that level of vast speed.
What matters in terms of weight / consumption is acceleration, and going uphill. That’s where physics apply. Once you’re reaching cruising speed, weight doesn’t matter anywhere near as much.
I don’t see why you couldn’t be tucked and still using your throttle. As long as the acceleration is “gentle”.
As far as I can see, we’ve seen high top speeds, but no claim whatsoever of that board being a beast in terms of getting to that top speed in 3s. That’s in this context that the insane power requirements would come into play.

3 Likes

Acceleration kills it the most I agree, also with a gentle trigger you can be in a tuck, If you are on an empty road with nothing sudden to come from somewhere. Though I think cruising or not, If the board is carrying double the weight, the consumption should be almost double of the guy with half the weight. I am not trying to be an asshole, I just wondered how does the borad get used. I would guess speed records or short speed races.

I’m sure I beat that the other day following @Sender to the gas station. Prolly by like 20mph, that fucker is fast :grin:.

For real though. I dig the vids. Would love to see metrics. Science is the new mythology after all.

10 Likes

Flat N level
Takes 2500 watts to propel a 190lb vessel 60mph with a 4sq ft frontal area using a .5 drag coefficient and roll resistance of .43
2500 watts @60mph =41.66 Wh mile

Dude has 13miles of wide open in the tank with 600wh battery.
You’ll live more in 13 minuites on this board than cruising 50 miles on a schlep. That is this boards purpose.

24 Likes

@FastBoard Agreed, @JaysTCB Races full tuck, even short track on a 12kw board. No problem.

18 Likes

The wedge must help too.

3 Likes

It tooks ages to convience me to use VESC based esc´s instead of RC car ones …
Because the brutal power output was unbelievable and all stock VESC4 based hardware was lame for my imagine of torque

But with VESC6 and Motorcurrents of 120-150A it getting more interresting for me
MOST IMPORTANT : Sensors is something which i will never wanna miss again

Max6 is a unbelievable reliable and strong esc, but most peoples was scraed to death, only a few liked it,

Once a scared customer / MAX6 user developed a super nice part, it was a programmable device with 4 presettings … it makes it alot less scary for beginners… unfortunaly i loose contact to this guy… my fault… he was a very smart and good guy

10 Likes

Do you adjust the ‘punch’ setting? Is it too much even at the lowest settings?

1 Like

problem with punch level is that its something like timing… and with highest timing/punch you get best start up performance … means less cogging …

dont get me wrong, i loved all my MAX6 boards, at least 2 years outstanding performance, but you really need a seriuos deathwish or at least suizidal tendencies to be not scared IMO (((

Only Roxy Car ESC on 12S was more scary … more NICE

But it all ends if you wanna use sensored motors, and you want this offroad, once you know about how nice it is you will not look back

9 Likes

Agree. I basically stopped reading his post after that comment

7 Likes

Great project @FastBoard! Hope to see more of it soon!

2 Likes

Thanx for explaining, bro :smiley:
thats why Moe rides them, i guess, and that totally makes sense.

2 Likes

Also unlike what I did, I wouldn’t recommend RC ESC (like Max6) for use in a city AT ALL. My death wish must have been huge, because I did that for a year and a half worth of crashes.

4 Likes

@FastBoard please feel free to feed my or maybe our curiosity about your electric direct drive longboard. jk jk :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah thank you very much, dude :hugs:
Edit: After watching this awesome video i am left home alone simply speechless. :flushed: :scream: :flushed:
From another galaxy!

9 Likes

good choice for the song!

8 Likes