Fast Board Prototype

supporting reference for above world record claim
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/401112-fastest-speed-on-an-electric-skateboard?fb_comment_id=1081233921901628_1857746150917064#:~:text=

5 Likes

They look like magnums but im not sure they are.

My guess is super high kv motors, rc escs and lipos

2 Likes

Same thoughts on the ESCs and batteries, but really, he only needs 160ish kV to get there with DDs (which admittedly is super high for DD).

3 Likes

Yes I meant super high in a relative manner to DDs.

5 Likes

Could even be ā€œworseā€, 240kV on 8S, since RC ESCs can put out massive Amps.

1 Like

We will see when @FastBoard releases some more info.

Still waiting on penis size specifically. Would settle for ball size.

3 Likes

78mm wheels, 8S, 320kV.

https://calc.3dservisas.eu/?Rc8xC8IwEAXg_5JZJGkbW11T6aQECnbXDhUMCXQU_7v3Xhrdvjvu3iVvdXeLOqnXM0W1k-IqRb1vxasbxaYivbChHAa01ix6VMZmY6bKfWYaYRq3xYRJm_eSR7eifBlk1MGSbNYczUngY-Fp6izqcvOGqAYObksNiK_5lOAj9hvy_4LgYvnbPK3CtgOHSzk2D9OPOHbU6vMF

2 Likes

When rc esc can handle so much amps, why the hell are they not standard in eskate builds? Everyone in here is missing an esc which can handle more amps than the esc we use. Some of @NoWind mtb builds are made with rc esc, too i think but not sure.

2 Likes

Control? Integration? Castle Creations Mamba XLX which @MoeStooge uses seems to be the gold standard. HobbyWing Max6 is a solid no go zone for me, too twitchy and brutal power delivery.

1 Like

Brutal power delivery sounds good hahahahaha
Is there no way to fine tune them to be less twitchy?

1 Like

Expo? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJ3rJ1HN5Q

1 Like

If they were really an option, everyone would be using them. Instead, people have graduated to better control with finer adjustment.

11 Likes

You can always go TB110s with 120kV TBDD and a 13s pack. Not too crazy. Get close to that kind of speed.

You are not addressing my points. Anyone can set gearing that high. The consumption going anything close to that speed will be tremendous. We are talking 12s12p not being enough for a 50 kg guy. SO I am just asking why is it so special and how do you want it to remain a ā€œlongboardā€ when you need to put 6-8 kg of battery so that you can go 100 km/h for a few miles. Counting in the voltage sag, FOC mode and the fact you need to be able to maintain that speed even with lower battery, you will need to set the gearing to some insane 130 km/h. That thing will eat battery packs for breakfast. I know what I am talking about, I ride over 60 km/h and I weight 54 kg. When I go hard my average consumption is around 25 wh/km. So a 90 kg guy will have 41 wh/km. More than double the gearing plus 2 motors you are at 90 wh/km at 60 km/h, double the speed, that is quadruple the drag, thatā€™s like over 200, maybe even 250 wh/kmā€¦? :smiley: So a 12s12p 30q would last about 5-7 km :smiley: 4 units with 4 massive coolers. Thatā€™s not a longboard, itā€™s a tank already and it is just not practical at all but respect for going that fast definitelly.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t intend to address your points. I was only pointing out that practicality is not one of my criteria when buying a board that can do 107kph.

12 Likes

Yeah, you are right. 100kmh would be enough :rofl:

3 Likes

If you buy a board to go 100 km/h just to find out after a few minutes you run out of batterym then yeah :slight_smile: And that is with a battery pack about 65 mm thickā€¦ How is that gonna fit under the deck, I have 160 mm wheels and my clearence is almost 0. You will have to have a battery between your legs or in the bagā€¦ There is no other way this can workā€¦

1. Urethane wheels are more efficient than your setup
  2. I donā€™t think weight makes that big of a consumption difference when riding flat
  3. Motors are most efficient at ~60k RPM anyway; gearing doesnā€™t matter
  4. Heā€™s in a pretty aerodynamic tuck at those speeds, I donā€™t think the air drag increases the consumption THAT much

Just saying I think your estimate is a bit too extreme. But yeah, at those speeds, I canā€™t imagine the range to be anything more than 10km or soā€¦

3 Likes
  1. double the weight, double the consumption, 2) gearing matters as much as weight, double the gearing, double the consumption, 3) The air drag increases exponetially, that means at 60 km/h the drag is X and at 120 km/h it is 4X. You are right, urethanes will more efficient, so deduct 15-20 percent which I did. As said I weight crazy 54 kg, my gearing is set to 64 km/h and my consumption when going fast on roads is insane. I have 12s12p and after 60 km my battery is done and it is one huge ass battery that almost doesnā€™t even fit under the deck with pneu wheels. With normal weight and gearing at 100 km/h+ you would want at least 4 times bigger battery to be able to ride for some time and enjoy itā€¦ and you need to fit it under a longboard deck with small urethane wheelsā€¦

Anything to back those claims? I donā€™t think itā€™s that much significant, at least on flat ground.

andā€¦ that helmet! Makes all the difference!

1 Like