Exway atlas tank mode

Has anyone seen the latest eway atlas video. They are calling it tank mode. Tuning the board on the spot. Nice to see a company innervating, We might all be rideing with this mode one day.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s the thing I don’t need that I still want very badly. Exway is no joke.

10 Likes

Baja has had this function for years… funnily enough its called tank mode as well.

#superinnervative #notveryinnovative

11 Likes

Honestly impressed with the atlas. Won’t buy it, but impressed.

2 Likes

If you use a remote like the mini with a steering input it should be possible to drive a diy board like an RC car.

I thought this while having to carry heavy thane builds up my rocky driveway.

2 Likes

i wonder how much heat the board will generate with a person on the board spining around :eyes:

1 Like

Couldn’t this be done with two separate esc’s and some code?

1 Like

Big pharma is mad at exway for curing billy’s ED.

3 Likes

Yeah, run the signal into an Arduino and parse that out into signals to separate ESCs in duty cycle mode or just pwm

2 Likes

Where’s that video?

Only if you have enough torque to break traction, that would depend on what terrain you are on, on mud should be pretty easy

3 Likes

I can’t wait to turn my esk8 into a RC car, lol.

Here’s the exway video:

4 Likes

Won’t this be very bad on your wheels?

3 Likes

Why would exway care? More wheels to sell.

5 Likes

I feel like this would only be useful for driving your board in RC car mode. If you stand on it this wont really work. The only way i could see it working is on a mountainboard with very wide trucks on dirt. But in this case you can also just jump on a spot.

2 Likes

@14 min relevant to topic

3 Likes

Actually pretty cool. The rocket, sweet. Think they could have used a better actuator to make it work automatically. Spoiler alert.

1 Like

yeah my thinking was something that could reset itself would be really dangerous whereas the spring it is very clear that there is a dangerous amount of energy contained that could go off anytime.

I saw one really cool comment about using a gyro effect to make it self kickflip. I actually really like that idea because any of us could make it and try it out. Basically spin up a flywheel and stop it suddenly when in the air and use a gyro to self correct and make sure it lands flat.

relevant video to that idea:

2 Likes

Forget the kickflip. A turbo jump actuator, self resetting. With bindings of course, like an ollie from hell. Fucking thing turned in to a 64 Impala real quick… south central here we come

1 Like

like a extra set of 4 wheels that pop up from below to launch you into the air?

might need to move into a “self launching skateboard” thread in not too long

1 Like