Evolve Renegade - who's getting one?

Well, we know that evolve sheep will buy it and claim its the best board out there :roll_eyes:.
Those of us with brains know its overpriced and outdated junk.

3 Likes

crap. it’s like only true skaters remained.

5 Likes

Anyone know where one could get a carbon fibre deck like the Kaly types? Or even similar to the renegade or onsra velar. These flex decks don’t seem to be available for diy purchase anywhere.

I’m not a skater; I’m just a commuter.

I never got into skateboards and only learned to eskate at age 38.

I still eskate because I like it.

5 Likes

Check out Sabre dynamics m, think I saw a kaly xl deck for sale on there

2 Likes
1 Like

For real tho holding a wheelie that long is so impressive

3 Likes

The saver dynamics one is literally perfect, but it looks to be out of stock. I’ll ask them though just in case.

The main issue I’m running into is I can’t seem to find a flexible single stack enclosure for these convex style decks that can support 12s4 or 5p of 21700s. Eboosted’ can only do 18650 or 20700. Only Onsra and Evolve have these enclosures and I doubt they sell them. Might have to find someone who can make a custom one.

1 Like

guaranteed skmeonems gonna try it, and put too much throttle and land on they ass :grin:

This is fascinating to me.

In so many ways esk8 is such a different beast than a regular skateboard.

1 Like

Something I ponder is if the locking up thing was still an issue with the Hadean series.

I may be biased since I kinda grew up on Evolve.
But I admire their success.
Hope it keeps going strong.

I do think the prices are ridiculous…
But hey. If you have a brand charge that big money.

It’s obviously working for them.

I wonder what is a bigger rip off?!?
This or the Onewheel GT-S for 3200 bucks.

I really enjoy myself on my DKP set up.
So I definitely think Evolve did something cool there.

I don’t think I would ever recommend any of their boards to a friend because of the value proposition.

But if I won the lotto, I would buy one of these Renegades, and a bamboo Hadean and a Stoke…

All of them look like they would be fun to ride.

1 Like

From the design point of view, this renegade and its form factor is pretty nice. It looks sleek and can achieve some good maneuverability. Can also achieve light jumps and still have somewhat of a clearance even though it’s only on 7-inch wheels. The massive marketing stitch-up is them marketing it as “Offroad Mountainboard”, and using 8mm axles and undermount battery. If they just hadn’t said Offroad mtb and just kept with urban riding and tricks/light jumps, they’d have less skepticism than they’ve gotten.

They’d still get flack for the ESC, trucks, lack of gear drives and price of course, but unfortunately that still wouldnt stop general eskaters from buying this instead of better quality/value MTBs like acedecks.

AceDeck and evolve are the same shit imo

Both elofty designed and built, just marketed by two different brands

I’ve heard this a lot but not seen any evidence. I have quite a hard time believing it tbh.

1 Like

There’s no way Acedeck and Evolve’s builds are similar, especially at the price points. Talking about CNC machined parts vs plastic. New gear and electronic components vs outdated ones. Batteries and build quality etc. Evolves are a joke compared to them, and I’m not even an Acedeck fanboy. Time will tell on how Acedeck’s boards hold up overtime though so my comments may age like milk haha.

5 Likes

Acedeck is not designed by elofty lmao you are making this up, where’s the evidence

1 Like

Bro I’ve had elofty folks messaging me making offers to deliver Metroboard a completed esk8 that we can choose aesthetics and branding. Elofty does all the real engineering and the brands just do marketing and choose specs and general goals.

Never trust a bartender that don’t drink

3 Likes

Can confirm. I saw the message. It was hillarious

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind having one. Deck and battery compartment are super low profile. The thing looks sleek as heck. It’s still upper 30s in weight, and the motors seem a little underpowered. But still!

I wouldn’t say that. Evolve is incredibly overpriced for what you get (shitty bottom tier parts in general) whereas acedeck provides atleast a solid value proposition and relatively decent parts are far as the OEM boards go.

2 Likes